Chapter Eight

Sorry it took so long, had a long week. But here it is! Hope you enjoy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxy's Point of View:

My phone dropped onto the floor, my mouth hung open in shock.

“Roxy? What's the matter?” Pierce asked, bringing me back to reality. I looked around to see my friends all standing in the garage in the middle of band practice, well they were before they all started staring at me.

“I- um” I stammered, still trying to process the fact that Ross just asked me to have lunch with his family! Jumping up from my place behind the microphone, I ran out of the room. I just started to pace around Pierce's living room. What do I say? Do I say yes?

“Rox, what's going on?” Pierce asked again, leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed over his chest.

“Ross just asked me to have lunch with his family this Sunday.” I explained, still pacing. I glanced up to my best friend.

“Don't you think it's a little early to meet his family?” He looked, well upset to be honest.

“I don't think so, I mean we have been on a couple of dates. The concert, the aquarium, the movies, and a hockey game.” I smiled, thinking back on the amazing times I have had with Ross.

“Well,” Pierce's voice was harsh. “I don't think you should do it.” He looked my straight in the eyes, his brown ones were cold. “And I really don't think you should date this guy, all he's going to do is hurt you!”

I looked at him, hurt. “He would never hurt me! He's not like that!”

“How do you know that Rox!? He's this big shot, how do you know he's not going to hurt you!?” He yelled in my face.

“What has gotten into you?” My voice was soft. “If anybody has been hurting me, it's been you.” He didn't argue, he knew it was true. Ever since I started going out with Ross, Pierce has just been a jerk to both of us, and I don't know why.

“Practice is over.” Pierce gritted through his teeth before storming away to his room. I turned to Conner and Noah who just walked into the room.

“What's the matter with him?” I asked.

Conner just let out a scoff as if I should know. “You seriously don't know? Pierce--” he didn't finished his sentence cause Noah elbowed him in the guts.

“He just doesn't want you to get hurt.” Noah said, a soft smile on his freckled face.

I sighed and grabbed my shoulder bag. “Can we just go?”

~~~

Sunday morning I started pacing around my room. Today's the day; I am meeting Ross' family. Oh gosh...

A knock on my door nearly had my going through the ceiling. I looked over to see Grace and my two little sisters, Krystal and Hope standing there with smile on their faced. “What can we do to help?”

“Hope, you get her outfit; Krystal, you paint her nails.” Grace ordered and the two young girls went to their positions. My foster mom rested her hand on my shoulder. “I'll do your hair and make up.”

Fifteen minutes later I was dressed in a simple navy blue lace dress with sleeves that were to my elbows, a cream white cropped cardigan. My nails were painted dark blue and my make up was simple, just enough to make my green eyes pop. Grace had my hair in a soft curls. In short, I looked nice.

“Are you ready to go?” Michael asked as he stood at the door, a smile on his face. I nodded my head. My foster dad grabbed his car keys and together we walked to the car.