8 | Two Greetings

Vanmour Academy was a five hundred-year-old castle that once belonged to a very rich duke who was kin to King Louis IX of France back in 1445. It was made of honey-yellow stones that were fading to a rocky gray at some parts, with mediaeval style arched windows with burly, double-door gates that seemed so old, yet still looked well maintained. There was a Catholic church separated from the castle and a bell tower on the far left corner of the castle to chime for emergencies, classes ending, special occasions, and Mass days every Sunday morning.

The whole school owned twelve thousand acres of land, where a football field, a soccer field, an oval track were in tack. There was a greenhouse, where all kinds of plants were kept, for the students to learn and have more experience studying outside the classroom.

There were slopes of hills behind the academy's backyard where stone steps were marked which led down to the sports' fields where benches and bleachers were neatly rowed to two sides in each corner.

There was a garden full of roses and orchids and bluebell trees formed, where a waterfall was just a few steps away inside the safe forest owned by the campus' lot.

As Georgie and I went around a rotunda with a large fountain where statues stood, I immediately took awe to it. Georgie was telling me so many amazing parts of the academy that I didn't believe her at first. What kind of school would have a lor of fields? It had all seemed surprising to me a while ago -- though I was starting to believe her now. This didn't seem like a normal boarding school at all. It was something grander than that. Something worth more value.

There were loads of cars all in line, waiting for other cars that stopped at the main entrance of the school to be driven by valets down to the parking lot basement (if the students had their own cars). The rain was colder and harder by the second, and many umbrellas in different varieties of color were all open, bobbing its way down the road to the academy.

Every student wore the same uniform, and some of them were gathering their belongings with a help of the academy's staff. It was like we were in a five star hotel. I couldn't believe this. My old school populated a thousand and seventy-three students; all in civilian clothes; all heading home after classes, whereas Vanmour populated four hundred students max, unless there were new students showing up now -- including me.

"Follow Gabe," Georgie said, not quite looking at me, since she was distracted as she gazed at her precious school.

I nodded and smoothly drov with Georgie's car just behind Gabriel's. We went around the castle until we reached a giant metal gate in front of us. Gabe honked his horn, and one guard peeped from up the tower and gave a salute. He opened the gate with a help of another, and the Aston Martin and the Beetle entered the place.

It was a garage. A mediaeval-looking garage. This was bizarre in its own unique and interesting way.

There were yellow lights up above the ceiling, and Gabriel and I parked. Georgie led where I was supposed to park her car. I sat there for a moment, eyeing the three letters at the center of the garage. Large lettering that said V.A. was etched in Greek style writing.

Van Allen.

"You guys are pretty prestige here, huh?" I asked, eyeing Georgie, who was fixing her hair in the mirror in front of her. She combed her long ponytail neatly, then she looked at me and smiled.

"Yep," she replied simply.

Then she looked away.

I knitted my brows sceptically, narrowing my eyes at her. She was slightly becoming clumsy. "G..."

She didn't hear me.

"Oh, look! I found my dormitory key...Better head upstairs now." She quickly opened the door, but I immediately grabbed her by the neck of her blazer, making her halt and lunge backward.