Chapter 36 -- "Who's Shrek?"

RE-CAP

"Will you, English of Alnmouth, do me the honour, of being the Big Bad Wolf's wife?"

My eyes widened slightly, as the realisation of what would actually happen tonight if we went through with this finally fully sunk in when he compared it to marriage. My chest tightened slightly, and my fists clenched until my knuckles turned completely white. The actual title of fiancé kind of put it in perspective for me, even though I knew it was still the rest of our lives if we got together tonight.

Sighing loudly, I slowly lifted my shirt and threw it aside, climbing off the bed and going down on my knees next to him. My throat dried up slightly at the look he was giving me, as it struck me as both predatory and anticipating. I brought up my hand and gently stroked the side of his face, taking in his ever feature; from his slightly crooked nose to his heavily stubbled jaw. Damn he was hot...

God damn pressure's coming back...

"...Well?"

Leaning forwards slowly, I wrapped my arms around his warm shoulders and brought out naked chests closer together skin to skin; burying my head into the crook of his neck and breathing in deeply through my nose. I got the scent of sweat, cologne and Chris... and I loved it. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with it.

"Yeah....Yeah, I will."

Chapter 36

Danny's POV

Groaning slightly in my sleep, I slowly stretched my arms and legs with a slight click of the joints, releasing my limbs from their stiff state. A soft yawn escaped my lips as I slumped back down on the mattress with a content sigh. I slowly felt myself falling back to sleep, but decided against it as it was probably breakfast time soon.

It took a few moments, but my eyes slowly squinted open to find the light pouring in through the window and blinding me slightly, causing me to blink rapidly before bringing up my left hand to shield away the intruding nuisance.

Once I came to adjust, my hand gradually slid from my forehead down to rub the crook between my neck and shoulder; feeling the slightly raised skin from where Chris...um, marked, last night. I couldn't help but wince slightly at the dull throb coming from the bite mark itself, wondering if I regretted what I did.

Surprisingly... no, I didn't.

Turning my head towards the emanation of heat next to me, a small smile tugged up on my lips as I saw his peaceful face laying only a few centimetres away from mine. His dark stubble was becoming more and more pronounced by the day, growing to the point where it was set to become a full grown beard soon. Not that I was complaining, it suited him perfectly.

I blinked lazily at the man next to me, bringing my hand away from my neck and going to caress the side of his face. His beard I found was surprisingly soft yet... prickly; a sensation which fared quite interesting... last night. However, his now slightly shaggy hair was even softer. As in, it felt as if he bathed in hair conditioner or something.

He moaned slightly in his sleep from my lazy stroking, his face scrunching up slightly as he shifted in his sleep. I continued to smile as I watched him, the man I love, sleep peacefully naked next to me; without a care in the world it would seem.

It was a calming moment... had it not been for the flash of black on my wrist I got from the awkward angle of my hand. Halting my caress hesitantly, I did a double take as I realised that my wrist now held a sort of symbol upon it which was not there last night...