Power

Hey guys, semester finals are almost over so I'll be updating more often after they end :) For now, enjoy this very question-filled chapter that might end up leaving you with more questions....

"Seeya" Deadmau5

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

_____________________________________________________________________________

~KATYA~

I can't ever recall a time that I had felt so misjudged except for now. But maybe it wasn't misjudgement on Stark's part. Seeing that smirk on his face threw me off. I truly knew why they said he was to be feared, why all werewolves were warned to lock their doors shoud he be in the vicinity. Stark was a killer. It was plain and obvious. However I couldn't help but flinch back a little at the thought of him actually taking pleasure in the thought of murder.

I swallowed heavily, stepping back. The smirk faded as anguish flourished in his magnificent silver orbs. 

"Katya-"

I held up my hand to silence him. "I just need time. You of all people should know that."

He did. Of course he did. He was the one who made me wait until he felt like he was getting over Kathleen, slowly but surely. I still didn't know how his curse tied in with him loving me more, but he was trying. So I had to try- for his sake, or maybe both of ours.

"We're going to be late." Draver broke the silence.

I turned and met his eyes. "Better late than never."

__________________________________________________________________________

I had chosen Draver to come with me. Stark decided to come as well, but only because he didn't want me to "have any ideas" or whatever that meant. I noticed subtle changes in him compared to when we first met. He wasn't as formal and uptight, acting like he had a pole shoved up his ass. Although he was still somewhat reserved, it was obvious that he was opening up to people past Lorena, Iris, Castor and Alric.

Which had me thinking...

"How do you two know each other?"

Draver blinked as Stark tugged on his tie while looking out the window.

"How...how we met?" Draver spoke slowly.

"Yeah. Was it through Alric or Castor?"

"Neither." Stark answered swiftly.

I cross my legs under the shimmering midnight black dress the skimmed the floor of the car. "Then how?"

"Well, I can't exactly go into the details, but we sort of clashed." Draver said after a moment.

"Clashed?" I raised a brow. "Like what? Ran into each other at Starbucks?"

"No-" he had that annoyed look on his face as he dragged a hand down his face. "We- we just-"

"He was making advances towards Kathleen, so I cut him off." 

"Cut him off?"

"Yes. As in I cut his hand off."

My eyebrows dissapeared in my hairline. "What?"

Stark looked down at me with a surprised expression. "What? Iris healed him up fine and reattached the hand. Besides, I would've done that same if it was you in Kathleen's place." under his breath I just barely heard him mutter, "-maybe even worse."