Count Down: Three Months

So yeah, the world as we knew it was going to end, pretty serious eh?

You see it all started about four months ago; we were sitting in the living room, watching the news. They had this scientist on. He looked like one of those geeks at school that nobody likes except for other geeks. You know, bordering-on-anorexic-thin, massive Harry Potter style glasses, acne, buck teeth and Harry-high-pants with suspenders and a lab coat. He started to speak in a British accent,  "Weather patterns and heat waves tell us that in less than four months, the North and South Poles WILL be about a quarter of their current size!" He said, while pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

He kept on talking, but, I'm pretty sure that you'd have to have an IQ of, like, about 1,000,000 to understand half of what he was saying. At first we were all just sitting there thinking like 'what?' Then the brother figure Ashford (commonly known as Ash) started to snigger. For, I think the first time ever, I agreed with him, I mean the impossible thought of the Poles melting, creating enough water to flood the world, was pretty funny.

The next day at school, there was, as usual, not so much listening to the teacher and learning, and more gossiping about 'Professor OTT 'as we had come to call the dude on the news the last night. Especially in lame-as subjects like religion and graphics.  

"I mean seriously, looking like that, did he expect ANYONE to believe him!" Laughed Ashley, my BFF since, like, forever.                                                                                                                                                                              "I don't care what he looked like. He could have been the hottest guy on the planet, but he still thinks that the world's gunna end." My other best friend, Stace put in, leaning back on her bag, munching her way through a bag of chips.                                                                                                                               "My brain hurt trying to understand half of what he was saying, and you guys know me, I read dictionaries like novels!" Exclaimed Jen, rubbing her temples.                                "Hear Hear!" Cheered Ashley, while colouring the tips of her side-fringe with her purple chisel-point texta. Sometimes I worried about that girl.

We were joking about it all now, but only a month later we were all proved wrong.

Okay, so imagine this, forget all the useless stuff that's always on the news, like "OMG, this famous person and this other famous person were seen talking to each other, are they together!?" , and replace it with stories of rising water levels, tsunamis, melting glaciers, the works, everyday. It was like Mother Nature was like "Ha! You've been crapping on me for years, now it's my turn!"

Everyone was in total panic mode; the world's leaders were meeting, trying to figure out what we should do. It's not like we could all grow gills and live underwater like freaking mermaids. Then some famous Chinese architect was all like, "Let's live on boats, I made these plans!" (not in those specific words, but you get the gist of it) These boats were HUGE, like, each the size of a small island, and were totally techy and state-of-the-art. He figured that if we could build these in the three month we had left, we wouldn't all die, yay!

School was temporarily stopped, we would start again when safely onboard the ships. Many, including my father were drafted into helping with building them. People were packing possessions, and registering for living quarters onboard for their families.      

The world was in a weird sort of organised chaos about the whole thing, but that was better than nothing.

Every night I lay in my bed, try to come to terms with the fact that, in three short months, everything would be underwater. Thank God I'm a good swimmer.

______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, girls, and aliens that are reading this. I know what your probably thinking, "OMG! She's finally posted in the first time in like, a billion years!" Well yeah, sorry it took sooooooooo long, but I find it hard to be motivated to write, again, sorry.