{0} Prologue

*This story will be posted in quizilla. I doubt I will ever post a chapter here on wattpad :[

Introduction

They had first met when they were young children in Moscow, Russia. She remembered exactly the night she had first open her eyes and saw his burgundy one looking right back at her with an annoyed expression. She had been hit by his families car when she had suddenly run out into the deserted road. They had thought it had been a cat and were surprise to have found a girl and quickly brought her to the Hiwatari manor.

Even then, Aoi remembered, Kai had attitude problems and hated to have anything to do with her either in public or private, and simply hated having her around.

Aoi would never forget that first night she had seen him. She could remember every detail that outlined his face and the pajamas he wore that night that had matched her own. He had been glaring at her because she had been placed in his bed and had been asked not to interrupt her while they waited for the doctor to come to their manor. If Kai wanted to sleep, he would have to share his bed with her and there was no discussing the matter.

Kai had been pouting all throughout those hours because he believed she didn't need to see a doctor as she was already sitting on the side of his bed looking around the room. Aoi remembered wondering why he had no toys in there, no toys except a spinning top that is. It had not been the first time she had seen a beyblade, but it was strange to see only one in a room that belong to a kid and yet didn't look like it did.

The doctor had shown up and given her a thorough examination. He made sure nothing was broken and that the hit to her head wasn't serious before he walked out of the room with Kai's father. Aoi had stayed seated on the side of the bed, her legs hanging from the side, her hands on her lap, and her eyes glued to Kai's eyes. He was glaring at her, but it was something she would get used to throughout the days, weeks, and years she would pass with him.

Separated by several years after their first meeting, they met up again during the World Championships when Aoi had been placed under foster care with Mr. Dickinson being her legal guardian. Both didn't remember each other at the time, though, Aoi had always been a fan of Kai and would proceed to go out of her way to claim the final match was fixed and that that was the reason behind Tyson winning.

She was named the mascot of the BladeBreakers, only able to battle in tournaments she had been allowed to participate in by the country; the American tournament was the very first country that allowed her to join the battles.

When in those traveling months, Aoi would always take the place next to Kai when it came time to go to bed. Either on the next bed or sharing a bed like when they took the long way to the Russian tournament because they had been left behind by the cruise. She blames Tyson for this to this day and won't let it go. When in the European continent, she would often go missing at the same time Kai did, though, the others assured everyone that asked for her that she was on her own, lost in the city, but they knew that she had followed Kai like a lost puppy.

Kai didn't remember of his and Aoi's past until they had arrived in Russia and even though he had always suspected of this, but pushed it to the back of his mind, he couldn't accept the fact that Aoi had shared his past in the Abbey. He truly remembered everything when he stopped trying to push back his memories of her and when he saw how utterly terrified the younger girl was of Boris. He remembered the only girl he saw in the abbey when he was there, and he remembered that she had been there because of him. It had all been completely his fault.

After that particular fiasco in Russia, where Kai went 'psychomaniac' as Aoi put it, Mr. Dickinson made sure to not involved Aoi in anything that would place her in danger. She was sent back to Full Bloom Academy for Girls and was sponsored by the BBA company. Aoi would proceed to stay in the dorms of the academy until the holidays, which she spent there also as Mr. Dickinson was far too busy to visit her or accompany her during those days.