Chapter 15

Cinnabun answered the door when I knocked. He smiled and let me in. His room was lit by candles and smelled like fresh pastries – his magical scent.

“I’ve got your dress over here,” he said. He pulled an elegant black dress from a rack of clothes and showed me.

“I love it,” I said.

“Why don’t you try it on?” he asked.

He walked over and slowly started to take my clothes off. The whole world had watched me hump Pita, but I was still shy about being naked around Cinnabun. He didn’t act like it was weird at all to undress me.

When I was completely naked he handed me the dress. I slipped and it on he helped zip it in the back. As I looked in the full length mirror at myself, Cinnabun held my hair up to show what I would look like with it done.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“I feel sophisticated,” I said. He laughed.

“That’s the idea,” he said. “You’re famous now.”

I turned around so that I was facing him. He held out the hanger for me.

“Will you help me in the back?” I asked. His warm hands slid down my back as he undid the dress. I let it fall to floor. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. I slowly bent over to pick the dress up, giving him the perfect booty shot. I heard him clear his throat.

“You can put your clothes back on,” he said.

“Are you sure?” I asked, running a hand down my leg.

“I’m sure.”

I flung the dress at him. He replaced it on the rack and didn’t seem to even notice me after that. Once I was dressed again, I went to the door and stopped with my hand on the knob.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him. He looked at me with those sexy eyes of his.

“Nothing.”

“If I’m not mistaking, you wanted to do naughty things with me before the Games.”

He sighed.

“That was then. You needed to feel sexy to make it in the arena. I was trying to help you.”

He couldn’t be serious.

“I’m not sexy now?”

“Of course you are,” he said. “But it wouldn’t be right for me to take advantage of you.”

“You’re not,” I said. “I want you. Inside of me. Like right now.”

“I’m sorry, Katlick.”

I ran out of the room. I’ve never felt so humiliated in all my life. Heyhey was in the hallway.

“Whoa,” he said, grabbing my arm as I ran past him. “What’s with the sad face?”

“Nothing,” I said. “I just want to be alone.”

“Katlick.” He was watching me closely as he spoke. “You made me so proud out there in the Humping Games. You should be happy. You won. You’re the richest girl in District 12.”

“Cinnabun just turned me down,” I cried.

Heyhey pulled me close and hugged me. It was weird seeing him act human for once.

“Listen,” he said. “Cinnabun’s a good guy. He’s not going to play hide the wiener with a tribute. It’s just not the kind of guy he is. It doesn’t mean you’re not desirable. I’d donate a testicle to have my way with you.”

I smiled. “Thanks, Heyhey. For everything.”

“That’s what I’m here for. Now why don’t you go visit Pita in his room. I’m sure he’d love the company. Otherwise you can stop by my room. But I have to warn you that Glimmer is in there and she’s in the mood to get freaky.”

“You’re right,” I said, feeling better. “I should see Pita.”

Heyhey winked and left me to go to his room. Tomorrow was my last day in the Capitol. One last humpfest with Pita wouldn’t hurt anything.