XVI - Eventide

Kinsley's POV

My head was throbbing like someone was blasting loud music. My throat was beyond sore and it felt a little swollen. Reaching a shaking hand upwards, why was I shaking?

My breathe was coming in short gasp and I slowly open my eyes, the darkness surrounded me at first but then my eyes started to adjust. Looking slowly at my hand I found a tub running down my arm. The needle was firmly implanted in my skin. Tap over it to hold it in place.

Letting my hand fall down I take a deep breathe. This wasn't like one of the stories where you rip out the IV that in your arm. Obviously, someone placed it there for a reason. It was only polite to leave it where you found it.

The last thing I could remember was the fact that I had been burring and then cold as ice. But now I felt normal, thank goodness. I need to think, who would have slipped me something. I didn't want to think that it was Nonna.

I just couldn't see her being the one to try and drug me. She had drank the same coffee as me, I'd watch her prepare it. Plus, I just didn't get the sense that she was that type of person. Or in fact that Nonna to try and poison me.

Someone else just had to behind this, or maybe I was just over reacting. Or maybe I should say that everyone was over reacting, I had no idea what time it was nor did I care to look around to find a clock to find out what the time happened to be.

Knowing Selma she tore all the clocks out of the room and threw them in a trash bin. That was just her style she did everything at her own pace. And I might to the Alpha, but she took care of me like a mother fusses over their child and I really liked that about her.

It made me feel at peace like when I was little and my mum always doted on me. Smiling to myself at the memory, I turn my head and almost shriek in shock. My body gives a painful signal that movement was still limited as I jerked backwards.

Whimper slightly I fall heavily into the soft bed sheets. My mind relaying the soft shards of pain that seem to penetrate my body at all different angles and spots. This was just perfect not only was I laid up and hurting like I'd gotten my ass handed to me at fight club, but I had Giovanni sitting right bloody next to me.

His face having evidence of concern written across it. I wanted to crawl into a whole and die. This was just all to much for me. Someone needed to come into this room like now!

"Kinsley your okay." He whispers more to himself like he's trying to reassure himself about the fact.

"Why are you here?" I cut right to the chase. And he looks up at me. I noticed the slight dark circle that were taking up shape on his face and I raised an eyebrow. Had he been here the whole time just watching me?

That just a tab bit creepy...

"You've been asleep for three days. We moved your from the hotel to my private house outside of the city." He states and I turn my head.

Taking a nee breath through my nose. I thumb past the smell of medical equipment that I smell. And the disinfectant and soon find this to not smell like the hotel. But more of a musk smell, not that it was bad. And it was a stale, like the house hadn't had people in it for a while.

But from all that I could smell the underlying scent of Giovanni hanging in the house, it was faint compared to the smell that was wafting over to my nose from him sitting right next to me. But it was still there and I wanted to scream in frustration.

Why was he everywhere, he was invading my life like a parasite invades its host.

"Why did you do this?" I ask him. My eyes closed as I try to stay calm.