Chapter 5 ~ A Little Bump

The train was pretty much crowded with students. Somehow, I lost Harry, Ron, and Hermione between going through the platform and giving Lucius Malfoy the finger. To be honest, I felt good when I did it. I felt like for once I overruled him. He looked super pissed and he would surely punish me when I came back with him for the summer. But it'd be worth it.

I weaved through the crowd, trying to find Harry, but ended up running into Parkinson. She gave me a glare, then a dirty look, and finally left with the rest of her crew. What a bitch. I heard Hermione call my name and spotted her waving at me. I found the compartment they were in, plus a man with his face covered up sleeping since all the other compartments were full. Harry slid the door shut, making sure no one heard what he was about to tell us.

"Ron's dad told me about Sirius Black, the one that was on the paper that Stan was reading that night," he said, looking at me. "He said he was after me and Max." He pointed at himself, then at me.

"The man from the Daily Prophet that Stan had on the Knight Bus," I muttered.

It was the man I saw on that paper he was reading that night. Harry told us that according to Mr. Weasley and Stan, Sirius Black was a murderer and got locked up in Azkaban for it. He was also the first wizard ever to break out of Azkaban. Now that he was free, he was coming after us. Well, wasn't this lovely? I had the Malfoys on my arse, and now this Sirius Black dude was after me, too. I felt so loved.

But overall, I was pretty shocked. There was a murderer coming after me and my brother, which didn't happen very often to wizards our age. But how did Mr. Weasley know about Sirius Black? He had to get the information somewhere, and Fudge surely didn't just give it to him. There had to be another source somewhere.

The other three were still talking about Sirius, so I decided to take a walk around the train. It was dark and raining outside and I was pretty much bored just sitting in there listening to them. I slid the door shut and started walking towards the Slytherin cart for some strange reason. Maybe because I wanted to think of something other than having a killer coming after me. I didn't care for Malfoy, but he took my mind off things.

The train came to a sudden halt. Unexpected, I fell to the ground. I was still shocked by what just happened. We couldn't have been at Hogwarts yet, so I didn't know why we stopped. Everyone started poking their heads out and murmuring, confused also about what had just happened. Once I finally got up on my feet again, the train rocked a little, then I heard a thump! I fell again. The lights suddenly went off and everything got cold. The windows were forming frost and I saw a shadow outside...

"What the hell?" I said to myself.

I saw my own breath each time I exhaled. I didn't know what was happening, but I was worried. But then I heard someone...or something, breathing just a few feet from me.

I turned around. "Harry?" I called out, even though I had a feeling that it wasn't him.

A black figure came towards me. It didn't show his face and it looked dead. Then it started sucking my soul. I felt everything being sucked out of me and I couldn't stop it. Minutes went by, it felt like. Everything was being sucked away, my memories, my thoughts, my emotions...

I saw a blue light coming from behind me, then a scream. Suddenly, everything went black.

*******

Someone was shaking me hard. They wouldn't stop for some reason. Was I dead? Was that why I wasn't waking up? First of all, who was shaking me? Harry? Ron? Hermione?

"Wake up, Potter!"

Oh. Malfoy.

I finally open my eyes, gasping for air and coughing. He slid away from me, sitting against the wall, looking at me while I was still coughing.

When I finally stopped, he huffed a sigh and then looked at me with raised eyebrows. "You really need to learn how to wake up faster," he said.

"How am I supposed to wake up faster if I'm out cold on the floor?"

"You're right. I'll just slap you like my father does. That seems to work, anyway."

"Well, due to the fact that I ran away from your house, I would say, no, it doesn't work." Well, it was true. It didn't really work.

"I don't have time arguing with you, Potter," he spat. "See you at school." He then gave me a dirty look as he got up and left me on the floor.

"Yeah, not really looking forward to it!" I yelled at him as he was walking away. I hated that boy. I got up and went back to the compartment I was in before.

"Here," Harry handed me some chocolate. "That man told me to give you some."

"Well, that's not weird at all." I grabbed the chocolate and began to eat it.

"And yet you still took it from me," he retorted. "He said it would make us feel better after an encounter with a Dementor."

"A what?" I asked.

"The guards of Azkaban," Ron spoke up. "They were looking for Sirius Black on the train."

I nodded and sat down beside Harry. Through this whole thing, I had a feeling that something was wrong with Harry. He felt something, too.

But the next thing we started talking about was the woman screaming. Ron and Hermione both looked at us like we were crazy.

"No one was screaming, you guys," Hermione told us.

How could they not have heard it? It was loud and clear all over the entire train. A woman was screaming and Harry and I heard it. I should stop eating this chocolate now.

A/N: Okay, real quick, I'd like to say something...

Draco and Max are NOT adopted siblings.

Yes, Lucius and Narcissa are her legal guardians, but they did not adopt her. Adoption and legal guardians are two different things.

WHY WOULD I WRITE A SIX BOOK SERIES WITH DRACO MALFOY AS THE LOVE INTEREST IF THEY WERE ADOPTED SIBLINGS?!

So there's that.

Comment, vote, enjoy reading on. :)

-A