Chapter One I'm Alec...I Don't Bite...Much

Chapter One

I'm Alec... I don't bite... Much

Alec POV

I ducked under a branch that Jane let go. "Jeez, Jane," I said. "That's the sixth one the you let hit me." I chuckled softly.

"Oh, suck it up. Don't be such a baby," She responded. She then, let another branch hit me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Aro sent us here to find Isabella Swan. The Cullen's pet, well, ex-pet. He had a feeling she would need help. He wanted her to join the Volturi, so he wanted us to make nice with her.

We walked for a few more minutes, and started to hear sobs coming about a few minutes to the south. We followed and came across a mess. Bella lay there, sobbing and shivering, though she looked to be sleeping.

"Jeez... Edward knows how to do damage... wow," Jane said. I couldn't stop staring. Even in this state she looked... pretty. I shook my head. Eating animals has gotten to me. We were forced to feed off of animals, so we looked somewhat normal.

I bent down beside Bella and gently shook her so she would wake. Her eyes fluttered open and she shrieked.

"Who are you?" She asked after she backed up into a tree.

"I'm Jane," Jane said. "Jane Volturi. We were sent to look after you. We hear the Cullen's are jerks." Jane walked over to Bella and put her arm over her shoulder. "C'mon, lets get you out of the rain."

"I'm Alec," I said. "I don't bite...Much," I said with a chuckle. Bella shuddered. "It was a joke," I said.

"I've heard about you," Bella said. "Ed-Edward told me about you. You drink from humans, but your eyes are gold. I don't understand."

Jane chuckled darkly. "Well, we would love to drink from humans, but we're staying for a few months. So, animals for us, and I have to say, it's not as bad as I thought."

"It's still pretty bad though," I responded. Jane giggled, Bella shuddered. "Like Jane said: We're not here to hurt you. We're here to look after you. We want to see if you could Volturi worthy." We started to walk the way to Bella's house.

"How long are you staying?" Bella asked, looking at her feet. I looked her over again. She actually was kind of pretty. Ugh, Alec! Shut up...

"One...Two months. When Aro decides when he want to turn you. Only if you say yes, of course."

"I have to decide right now?" She asked, looking a bit scared.

"No," Jane replied. "That's why we're staying here. To protect you while you try to make up your mind. Though, I would say yes, it would not be pretty if you objected."

Bella looked down at her feet again. She tripped, but I caught her before she fell.

"Thank you," she said while a beautiful blush covered her cheeks. Beautiful blush? What the Heck?

Jane looked at me and smiled. 'You like her' he smile-smirk said. I shook my head no. Jane rolled her eyes and looked ahead.

We finally came up to her house. "Well, I guess I should get going," Bella said quickly."

"Okay," Jane said. "We'll pick you up for school tomorrow."

"You guys are going to Forks High?" Bella asked stunned.

"Yeah," I said. "That's why we're drinking from animals. Can't go to school with red eyes."

Bella laughed. "Guess you're right. See ya tomorrow." She then left for her house, while Jane and I left for ours. Aro had everything planned out.

"You so like her," Jane said. Err.