Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Gavin's POV... 

(Damien's bedroom suite at the Hotel------->) 

I tried my best to occupy my hyperactive thoughts, but to be honest I didn't know what to think. The Dungeon and it's owners Marcus, Damien, and Micah have been accused of sexual harassment, and Marcus hasn't taken the news well at all and he went thermonuclear with rage, not because of the allegations, but because the press is attempting to pick apart his relationship with Corey. They actually had the nerve to try to slander Corey's name as well as Marcus' character. They tried to make Corey look like some kind of homosexual gold digger, and Marcus' deviant boy toy, and Marcus was supposedly some kind of deviant kinky faggot. They were going to regret that in the long run, because Marcus is moving heaven and earth to get to the bottom of all of this and he is determined to do it too. The other issue that had me stumped was Joe and his true feelings about our relationship. Damien has no clue about my suspicions and if he did, he hasn't said anything to me about it, but I can't help but to notice the chemistry and the covert glances exchanged between Joe and the head of Marcus' security detail, Mike.

It kinda bummed me out because I thought that Joe was happy in the relationship between the three of us. Damien has gone out of his way to make sure Joe feels just as important to him as I am. I have made sure to love him to the best of my ability. I love him as much as I love Damien but in a different way, Damien is my Dominant, my boyfriend, my savior, and my best friend. The dynamic between us will always be different from anything that we will ever feel for another person in our relationship. And I know both Damien and I have tried to explain it to Joe. Damien entered my life when I felt that I was nothing. I had nothing, and I felt nothing. I was at the lowest of low. And as much as the Rosetti's and Gino stood by my side and helped me, it was Damien that gave me back my self worth, and it was Damien that made me believe that I was worth his love. He makes me feel like I am the most precious thing in his world. And I guess to Joe, he feels like he can never compare to that.

But it wasn't about comparing or living up to the feelings between Damien and I, it was about adding his unique dynamic of the relationship. To bring his own flavor so speak and supplement what is already there. I love Joe as Joe, and I love Damien as Damien and for me, there is no need to compare or bother myself with who loves who more. That is the place where Joe seems to be stuck in no natter what we say. I sighed as I spied Mike's big body standing by the hotel room's front entrance. I had to admit that the man was gorgeous. He had that serious, yeah-I-am-ex-military-and-I-can-kill-you-with-my-bare-hands look about him. He was also as big as a flipping house. I could see the attraction if you liked the muscle bound bad ass kinda thing. But my poor heart saw nothing but the person that will most likely poach my Joseph away from us.

I heard a metal spoon clatter against a plate and I was brought out of my head with the sound of a heartfelt sigh. I looked over to see Corey staring at his half eaten plate and my thoughts shifted away from my own troubles and towards my best friend. He has been so depressed over this entire situation, and it didn't help that Marcus was being all Alpha male and protective by trying to handle everything himself instead of sharing his plans with his boyfriend. We were all getting tired of seeing Corey literally fold into himself and it is going to have to stop somewhere. I checked the time and I was anxious for Damien to arrive, I was going a little stir crazy being stuck in this suite while all of this media circus hoopla refused to die down outside.

What made it worse was that there seemed to be something going on at Marcus's office as well, he has gathered his legal team and Bethany was almost run ragged trying to keep up with his rapid fire demands. I turned my attention back to Corey and tried to get my depressed friend to eat some more of his dinner, but he listlessly refused and I just sighed. If someone refused Elise's cooking then there was no hope whatsoever. I got up and gathered our dishes and walked past Mike as I covertly checked him out from under the sweep of my lowered lashes. I was in the kitchen when I heard voices at the entrance, and my ears perked up when I heard Damien's deep baritone as he greeted Mike. My heart rate picked up and excitement washed over me as I dashed out of the kitchen and made my way to the foyer and screamed, "Baby!" As I charged towards at full speed. I crashed into his chest and of course he caught me mid air.