Chapter 13

“WHAT!?” I asked shocked.

Sofie looked at us with sadness.

“I’m sorry, I had to” she said.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” asked Harry.

“Well, he’s a psychopath” I pointed out.

“True” said Liam.

“But why did you tell him?”

“He was going to kill me” she said.

“Well, I wouldn’t let him” said Harry as he turned around and looked at us.

“HARRY! LOOK AT THE ROAD!” shouted Zayn.

Harry rolled his eyes and began driving again.

“Okay, so is he headed to Idaho to get Ava?” I asked.

“He lives there” said Sofie.

“Oh…..my….g*d…..” I said “HARRY DRIVE THE CAR FASTER!”

“He’ll kill her” said Liam.

“And Austin” added Niall.

“Call Ava” I said pushing Liam “You have to tell her what is happening”

“My phone is dead” said Liam.

“Do you know her number?” I asked.

“I do” said Niall.

“Oh good-” I sighed.

“But I left my phone at the bus” said Niall.

“Could anything else go wrong” I shouted.

“Yes” said Harry.

I looked at him as the gas light went on.

“Really, Really Harold” I said.

“Well we were in a hurry and I had no time to fill up the tank with gas” said Harry.

“Well now what” said Zayn as the car stopped. Harry pulled over to the side of the road. I sighed.

“Okay, I guess I asked” I said.

What were we going to do now! Lost in Rigby Idaho, on the side of the freeway at ten o’ clock at night.

Avalon’s POV

I kissed Austin’s forehead as I tucked him into his bed.

“Mommy” he said rubbing his eyes.

“Yes darling?” I asked softly.

“Daddy’s coming” he said.

My heart jumped.

“Wh-What?” I asked.

“He’s coming mama, and I’m scared” he said.

“Austin, he’s not going to show up, I promise” I said as I stroked his light blond hair.

   I heard a crashing window sound that was coming from downstairs. I jumped. I-It couldn’t be, could it? My heart was racing and my hand was sweaty. I picked up Austin and walked him into a closet. I could hear moving of object’s from downstairs. I looked at Austin with fear in his eyes. I handed him my cell phone. He looked at me then at the phone.

“Austin” I said “If anything bad happens, call Uncle Harry”

“What about Liam?” he asked “Or Niall?”

“They’re always losing their phones, Harry always has his with him” I said “Now, stay put and stay quiet and you’ll be safe”

    I kissed his forehead one last time before I shut the closet doors. I was nervous. I walked down stairs with a baseball bat in my hand. And saw a dark figure moving stuff around, like he was looking for something. I sighed as I thought it wasn't Jason. But when he turned around, I was mistaken.  Jason’s eye’s glared into mine. I could see the devil laughing in his eyes which gave me the chills. I staggered back a bit afraid.

“Oh, why so nervous Ava?” he asked devilish.

I took a step back.

“L-Leave” I said in a shaky voice.

“Why?” he asked “I’m just here to get my revenge”

I gulped.

“Just because you went to jail doesn’t mean you have to kill your family” I said.

“Why not, you did” he said.

Tears formed in my eyes at the thought of my parent’s death.

“You think stopping me will end your tourcher and pain” he said “What about Louis?”

“How you know who he is and that I know him” I snapped.

He chuckled as he walked toward me.

“I know everything and how he cheated on you” he said with a devilish look.

I paused and looked at him.

“You set him up, didn’t you!” I screamed.

“To see my family again” he said “Together, forever”

“I hate you” I screamed “You ruined everything between me and Louis!”

“I didn’t work alone” he said “My sister Sofie and your cousin Sydney”

“S-Sydney” I gasped.

I saw Sydney’s bright red hair come into view from the moonlight. I stood shocked.

“Hello, cus” she said glaring at me.

“No, no, NO!” I screamed “I won’t let you hurt my son if it’s the last thing I do!”

“It will be the last thing you do” said Jason as he lifted up a gun to my.

I stood in horror. No, this can’t be happening!

“Once you’re gone and out of the picture” said Sydney “Then Louis can be mine forever”

“Sid, he doesn’t even know you exist” I said.

   I took a step back but fell down on the steps. I saw little Austin at the top of the stairs looking down at me in horror. I knew I shouldn’t scream his name because usually in the movies, that’s what the mom does and then the kid gets shot because the villain never saw the kid until the mom screams the kid’s name. I stayed quite but gave Austin a ‘go run and hide’ look. He had the cell phone in his hand and had a smile on his face.

“What do you want Jason” I asked looking at him and trying to keep his eyes off of Austin.

“I want you back” he said.

“No Jason, I’d rather die” I said.

“Fine” he said as he pulled the trigger and shot a bullet at me.

I felt pain in my side like nothing before. Oh g*d, I felt blood coming out and Jason’s evil smile on me.

“Bye bye Ava” he said as he shot another bullet....