Part 1

IF YOU LIKE THS STORY PLEASE VOTE!!!

        Part 1

        I am a sociopath.

        Let me see if I can make that a little more clear. I am FUCKED up. I am a calculated killer. I'm what most people call a player of games. I don't do it because I enjoy it, I do it because it is me. I have fucked and killed more people then I can count. I have been trained since I was a teen to maim, strip, and cut. My mind is not merely twisted but broken and sprained in all the worst ways. I am a worthless human being who not merely destroys lives but rips them apart and ends bloodlines. DO NOT feel sorry for me. My story is more about revenge then redemption. I am telling it so that others won't make the same mistakes I made. I really needed to get that off my chest.  Feels good to somewhat say it aloud. Now let me tell you about my present situation. I am a sociopath on a ship of saints, a vessel of lies called the Erebus.
        Ok... so that was vague. I may not be the most reliable narrator but I hope you bear with me and follow through as I tell you my story. The Erebus is a starship. I'm in deep deep space and probably only about 1/3 of the people onboard actual deserve to be here (or to breathe for that matter). I am stranded somewhere in a place called the immer. The immer is kinda like a wormhole. Point A and point B are closer when we travel through the immer and while it's not as fast as light speed or anything exotic it gets the job done. We tore through the immer a few years ago and since then we have been on a voyage to a place called Eden. Actually I think we might have just come out of the immer and we're orbiting a world that is very much like Earth (but NOT Eden). More then likely I will never see Eden since the Erebus is a multi-generational ship (basically I'm suppose to have babies who will then have babies and maybe if their babies have babies and they are lucky they will see Eden). None of that really matters. What you should know, what you need to know is that my name is Elyse and I am AWAKE and I shouldn't be.

        I should have been in stasis for at least another two hundred years. I'm not even suppose to be on this ship let alone awake. In fact I should be dead. Only weeks before the Erebus launched I picked up a contract from Callus Industries, one of the many cyber companies responsible for funding this project and I was assigned bodyguard duty to a man by the name of Slen. I was under the impression this was a test flight. We would be there and back again in less than five years and I could retire early from the lucrative payday. Lucky me right? Maybe. Better alive in space then dead back home I suppose. Shit hit the fan when we launched. Humanity had colonized most of our solar system and for years it seemed like we were living in some vague resemblance of a utopia (course if it was a real utopia people like me wouldn't exist.) Sure tensions were high between this nation and that one looking to control resources and all that but we had just cured cancer. The average lifespan had doubled. We had made it past the world wars, the diseases, the starving countries. We were living in the wake of an alien invasion that we won. We began reverse-engineering their technology and had made leaps and bounds in space travel fusing organic processors with metal tech. Seriously how much better could it get? It was all a lie. The Skrav, the alien's that we thought we had won against came back and this time they took with them the Earth, Mars, and every colony in our solar system. They fuckin blew up the sun. How's that for revenge? This wasn't a test flight. Slen and the others were running away. They knew what was coming and they did nothing to stop it.

        Since then we have been on the run. We have been hunted. It's only been a few years in deep space but already we are beginning to realize that we are in over our heads. We could speculate all day as to what we did to piss them off but it doesn't really matter. They are out there and they want us dead. 

        I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I'm not. We lost the war. We lost everything. All we can do now is try our best to survive.