Fire Nation Temple

Chapter 12

The village was staying up all night to celebrate the return of their loved ones, and to thank Aang for bringing them home. We were having a good time, dancing and talking, but I noticed a certain monk missing. Sokka was in the corner discussing weaponry with men from the village when I approached him.

"Hey Sokka do you know where Aang is?" I asked my dorky brother.

"Haven't seen him."

"Hmm." I rubbed my chin thoughtfully. "Come on."

I grabbed the back of Sokka's shirt and dragged him away from the men. "WHa- Eek!"

Sokka flailed around as I lead him away in search of my twin. I finally bumped into her, no literally I ran head first into Katara knocking all three of us down in a heap.

"Have you seen Aang?" We asked in unison. I helped myself  up, then my sister, leaving Sokka against the cold hard floor. "You think he's trying to leave?"

"It's something he would do."

"Then let's go look for him."

"Does the Avatar need help?" A passing stranger asked. Thus caused people around him to look at us.

"Umm..." I looked at Katara for help.

"Aang's fine, he just is trying to do something dangerous. Something he shouldn't be doing at all."

"I saw the Avatar just outside with his flying bison!" A small voice cried out.

"Thank you!" I replied as I headed outside.

"-Katara, Kayta, and Sokka aren't coming to the Fire Nation with us. If they got hurt, I'd never forgive myself."  Aang was saying to the flying bison. "So get your big butt off the ground and let's go!"

Sokka did a little eh-em thing to catch the bald monk's attention. "I think his big butt is trying to tell you something." He said.

"Please don't go, Aang." Katara pleaded. I could hear the pain in her voice. She really cares for him. "The world can't afford to lose you to the Fire Nation. Neither can I."

Aang looked dejected. He knew he would hurt Katara's feelings if he left.

"But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means." Aang said, gaining confidence as he spoke. "I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the Solstice. That's today."

I looked back at my sibling's and we nodded in agreement. As Aang leaped upon Appa's back we stood directly in front of the flying bison.

"We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, Aang."

"At least not without your friends." I placed my hand on my hip and smirked up at the young boy. "We got your back, which means there's no way you're leaving us behind."

Momo flew on Aang's shoulder causing him to smile. We truly were all with him. I think Appa was happy we were coming too, because he gave Sokka a nice big lick.

The next couple of minutes flew by in a blur, packing all of our belongings and food. When everything was finally packed we sat on Appa ready to head off to the Crescent Island.

Flying, flying, flying, and more flying. I tried passing the time with games, and riddles, but I was still bored. We were passing into Fire Nation Territory when we faced trouble. A ship was following us, and I knew just who it was...Zuko. That slime-ball found us.

He began to fling fireballs at us, causing evasive action on our end. Aang twisted and turn, narrowly missing the flame balls of fury.

"We have to get out of Zuko's range before he shoots another hot stinker at us!" I shouted at the young driver.