Chapter 6

*peaks head out from behind bush* Hello? Is anyone still there? Ok. I know you have a lot of questions like, E...where the hell have you been for the last three plus years, and I have a very good explanation. You see AP classes gripped there claws into my very being, ripped out my soul and sold it to the highest bidder...I also joined the speech team! :) so to make up for my very terrible abuse of you guys I noticed that some of you *cough* all you of *cough* have commented on me to continue this story. So here I am! now I can’t make any solid promises but I will try and update whenever I can. Now, I hope you enjoy and don't hate me too much, I don’t own Twilight S.M does. Enjoy!

EJ pov

I let out a deep sigh as I rolled over, and grabbed my glasses off the side table. My eyes were blurry and it was rather dark outside. I could hear my family talking n hushed voiced down in the living room, my family. I smiled slowly and shook my head, almost thinking that this was all a dream. I still think I’m going to sneeze and end up back in the foster care system, it took them 10 years to find them. But they are still my family. The passed few days feel like the first time I have every truly belonged.

I rolled out of the lush bed and walked down the wood and iron woven stairs, the voices getting louder every time I took a step forward till it they were suddenly cut off. Several pairs of yellow golden eyes stared back as I gave them a soft smile.

“Hey Junior” Emmett yelled “You slept so long I swear, it was like three years went by” (Insert terrible pun about me being gone) I gave him a small smile before wrapping a blanket around myself and sitting across from them.

“I...I want to tell you. About my mom” I finally said and watched as there eyes got big before giving me a small nod. “When...when you and mom were together and then left, she was devastated. She found comfort in the only person she could, her wolf friend, uh Jake I think, anyway. They slept together and when the pregnancy started she thought I was Jake’s but...she realized that it wasn’t right. After she told the pack, they wanted to kill me, even if that meant killing her. My mom left, she got a plane ticket to italy and lived there after I was born, and they she died when I was 7. She was a single teenage mother with a kid that she didn't want...Bella, got into drugs right after I was born. I didn’t see her and when I did she wasn’t really even there. She got sick, with what, I don’t know...I found her. Four days later I was on a plane back to the states, and they started looking for you.”

The room was quiet, you could hear a pin drop, and that alone would be the loudest thing in the room.

“Who...who watched you? took care of you?” my dad finally asked, his voice thick with an emotion that I quite did not understand. I gave a small smile and shook my head a little bit, my eyes fluttered as I tried to not cry.

“I’m guessing with Aro, that’s really when he started showing up, he never hurt me, if anything, he was intrigued with what I would say.”

Edward Pov

I watched as my sons lip began to tremble as he tried to explain what Aro meant to him, how can an evil man, be everything to my son? I rose quickly as a tear began to slide down his pale cheek. I wiped away the single drop and wrapped him up into my arms, I might not have be there when he was growing up, but I will be there now. I failed with Bella, I let the love of my life slip through my fingers, but I am not going to let my son go.

~Skip 2 weeks~

It has been about 2 weeks since my son has joined our family, and he is settling in very nicely. After telling us the story of his mom, we have slowly been trying to make him feel even more accepted. Our relationship has grown and we have established more of a father son feel, rather than two different strangers. EJ has come to love his room, but there are times in the middle of the night, when I find him in my room.

“Bad dream?” I ask as I walk in from outside, I finished hunning only to return and find EJ in my bed. He gave a small nod and snuggled further into the golden sheets, I shook my head and sat down on my couch. He watched as I picked up a book and began to read.

“I’m sorry for being in here” I heard him quietly say, “I just have these dreams and I just need to be around someone. They were never with bad when I was in foster care, I think its because I had to share my room.”

I sat the book down and made my way over to the bed, and started running my hands through his copper colored hair. “There is nothing wrong with wanting a parent to protect you EJ, I can’t tell you how much I have talked to Carlisle when I first became his son.” he gave a small smile and snuggled closer.

“I love you dad” he mumbled and slipped into a deep sleep. I smiled and leanred down to kiss the crown of his head.

“I love you to son”

Did you guys like it? let me know what you thought, thank you for reading and staying with me through this story, you guys are awesome! Thanks again!