Epilogue

Epilogue

It's been almost ten years now since the faction system has been destroyed. I live in peace with Tobias and Andrew now in our old Abnegation home. Tobias and I are expecting another child on the way. This time its a girl. We are still undecided on what we should name her. 

Though I haven’t seen Christina as much anymore, I know she is happily dating Chris now. After everything was over they decided to get to know one another and go travel to different places. 

Jessica on the other hand moved back in to her home town and is keeping up with the hotel service with her father. Tobias and I plan on visiting her sometime soon.

I have no clue what has happened to Gunner though. He was one suspicious dog and to be honest we did find him as a stray and perhaps thats what he has come to know mostly all his life. Tobias believes that he’ll be just fine. 

I still have a puzzlement though about whatever happened to Peter. I mean I know I hurt him but not enough to kill him from his injuries. Obviously he’s somewhere but to find the answer of where he truly is remains a mystery. 

Tobias and I sit on the couch with his arm wrapped around my shoulder as we watch TV. I always knew in the way he settled down that he was uneasy about his mother. After two years she was transferred into another maximum security prison and it took Tobias almost two years after that to finally get over it. He now understands that it was for the better of everyone and including our family. 

Andrew comes into the room holding Tobias’s glass statue. I remember it but it’s been a while since I’ve seen it. We never told Andrew about the way life used to be. How we all must obey a faction system. We believed that he has a chance to live in a new world. As he did come to that age of asking questions all the time, my tattoos and Tobias’s tattoos were always a huge question for him. We explained that they were truly just there for looks and that they had no significant purpose. Now that he is ten, it’s getting much harder to hide things from him. Tobias looks over to see what Andrew is holding. 

“And where did you find that?” Says Tobias smiling. 

“Uncle Caleb found it with me when we were digging through some old boxes in the closet.” Caleb comes up behind him and nudges him towards his father and then comes to sit by me elbowing me gently. 

He whispers,”I think now would be the time to talk to him.” 

Tobias lets Andrew sit in the middle of him and I as he begins discussing the faction system we grew up in. I guess you can’t always hide it forever and maybe it’s better that he knows the real truth. I can’t get over the fact that Andrew is starting to look like his father now. They truly do grow up fast and I never realized it when my mother used to tell me. It’s clear to me now. 

There’s times where I’d like to think about what life would have ended up being without me. Then there are times where I would like to think about how they couldn’t because now I see how grateful I am to have my life back that Caleb has given me. I have the opportunity to see the wonders of life in a normal way without chaos, war, and separation. 

I believe that life is something you shouldn’t take for granted and that whatever happens happens for a reason. There is no more trying to be who you think you can be and who decides choices for you. We are all given a choice in this world. Some not so great then others but to have an opportunity to live again is beyond what a choice can do. 

When you have an opportunity you have a chance.

I am grateful for my second chance. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed Resurgent as much as I did! Sorry it took so long to write this even though it was short. I have other stories I'm writing now and I hope to publish them in the following year or two. I am so happy for all the support that I have been given and truly this has helped me a lot. You guys comment and its makes me smile. Thank you! I will post another for Wattpad soon hopefully and it may just be a quote book because I have so many quotes in my head I dont know what to do with them anymore but to share them with you all. Would you read it? Comment! 

Thanks for everthing

~Sabrina