7% love me for the fat on my stomach

They were at her doorstep now. After dropping off her papers, he wanted to make sure she got home safe.

Which was ironic since he seemed to be the one in danger.  

The barbed wire was striking as it crawled up the tall metal fence, it surrounding the grey mansion. Lights hidden among the grass beamed over the yard, and on the sidewalk, one flashed in the boy's face as they walked.

Speeding up to get away from the scary house, he banged into her, smacked his head off a tree and tried to casually regain himself.

Luckily, she wasn't paying attention to him.

"Whyda' stop?" He thought slang would make him sound cooler.

It didn't.

"Because this is where I live." She pointed to the scary grey mansion just as all the outdoor lights flickered on.

Then the boy spotted a shadow looming by the doorway.

"Please tell me that's your grandma."

The gate groaned as it opened. He felt like shrinking away, but kept his feet rooted.

"No," she said. "It's just my dad."

Just my Dad?!

To be polite, he reasoned he should say something and cleared his throat. Swinging his arm up, he shouted, "Ha-llo, sir! Your daughter is of great company! I kept her very warm the entire night!"

Don't get too friendly, chum.  We're trying to be polite, not land a threesome.  

The girl's eyes bulged and her head jerked towards the boy's direction.

His face blew up in a shameful pinkness and he said, "I-I mean she won't catch a cold, because-because she wasn't cold, and I made sure she wasn't cold, so she wouldn't have to catch a cold, so don't worry about your daughter being cold sir, because she wasn't...at all."

My dog could've made a better sentence.

Her father's voice boomed across his lawn, and smacked against the boy's face. "Lacey!"

"Coming, Daddy!" She gave the boy one last glance before running.

The boy watched her enter the house, and he could feel her dad shooting needles in his eyes with a killer glare.

One long second that felt like forever passed and the father finally went inside, the door slamming shut.

He stared at the empty doorstep. He didn't move for a long time. Then he decided to give her name a roll on his tongue.

"Lacey."

This is a great opportunity for a musical number.  Cue the music, boys.