Rickola | Chapter Eighteen

© Katelyn Moore

“So, what is he really like?” asked Kylie after swallowing half a Tim Tam without chewing. She was so eager to get the question out that the pain in her throat meant nothing. It was worth it if she got a juicy reply.

We sat on my bed surrounded by food and DVDs. Bianca was kneeling on the floor, playing Eeny Meeny Miny Moe with several cases. She couldn’t decide which one she wanted to watch for herself, so she was letting fate choose for her. As soon as Kylie spoke, however, she stopped what she was doing, turning towards me keenly.

I didn’t want to talk about my relationship with Rick. It wasn’t because I wanted to deprive Kylie and Bianca of sharing the undying thrill I got just by thinking about him; I just wasn’t sure how much I should tell them. It was easier to avoid it. And clearly, by some of the hints they had given earlier tonight, they wanted the inside scoop on more than just his personality.

My confidence climbed slowly and it allowed me to let loose some of the things I had been keeping locked inside for three weeks. Kylie and Bianca already knew a lot about him, so they weren’t surprised by what I told them.

“He sounds amazing,” sighed Bianca dreamily after taking it all in. She looked up, gazing at nothing, but I knew exactly what she was thinking. She confirmed my suspicions a moment later, an eager look in her eyes. “Is he a good kisser?”

I shoved an entire Tim Tam in mouth to stall. No way was I getting into any intimate details. Rick was absolutely a good kisser—amazing, actually. Not that I was telling my fourteen-year-old sister the specifics. No way. Not verbally, at least. I’m sure the guilty look on my face gave me away, though.

It did. Bianca gave a squeal of delight and clapped her hands together. “I knew it. Man, Asher is going to flip.”

I froze. “No, Bianca, you can’t tell him anything.”

“Why not?” she frowned. “He always keeps our secrets. Yours especially.”

“Not this one.” This was one secret I knew Asher wouldn’t be able to keep to himself. It wasn’t because he was like Bianca in the obsessive department. Sure, he kept quiet about Dean, and he knew so much more about me than anybody else, but this was different. “If Asher finds out about Rick, he’ll have to tell mum. He won’t be able to keep this to himself and you know it. Rick isn’t exactly a normal boy.”

Bianca nodded, understanding me perfectly. Normal boys were one thing; sexy, international superstars were on a whole other level. Asher cared about my well-being, and my being involved with someone as famous as Rick was definitely pushing the boundaries. “Promise me you won’t tell him?”

Hearing the seriousness in my voice, she agreed with a nod, “Okay, I promise.” She understood, thank God, and didn’t press the topic any further. She was, however, on the verge of demanding more details about my relationship (the sparkle in her eyes told me she couldn’t restrain herself much longer), so I jumped in before she could. “Okay, movie time. Which one did you pick?”

Bianca was disappointed, I could see it in her fallen face, but she took the hint well enough. She turned to pick one of the cases she played Eeny Meeny Miny Moe with and held it up, a mischievous grin on her lips.

I groaned. “Really? We have dozens of other movies. Do we seriously have to watch one starring my boyfriend?”

Boyfriend…

Rick Avery, my boyfriend.

That simple thought still sent a thrill through me.

“Yes, we have to,” Bianca confirmed, standing up to put the disk into the television. “Not all of us get to see him everyday.” I had a feeling she wasn’t saying something. Like, that I got to kiss him all the time. Touch him. Hug him. Be with him. Knowing Bianca was thinking about these things made me slightly uncomfortable. It was weird seeing other people daydream about Rick.