Chapter 10: Gettin' Ta Know Her

The picture above, I know it's of Carol and Daryl, but please Imagine Destiny(Adelaide Kane) and Daryl, thank you!

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×

"Opening up your soul to someone, letting them into your spirit, thoughts, fears, Future, hopes, dreams...That is being naked."

-Rob Bell

Daryl's POV:

After we had returned from our run, I couldn't help but notice how she kept herself away from everyone, emotionally.

Which wasn't normal behavior from her, She is usually so happy, talkative and patient.

Lately these last couple of Days seemed trying for her and I wish I knew why. I walked up to her, tapped her shoulder and motioned for her to follow me.

I ended up bringing her to my camp, again and waiting for her to say something.

Instead I was met with silence and that was weird because she is always the first one to talk, hell I barely get a word in whenever she's around.

"I haven't known you very long, but I want to get to know you a bit better, Ya never know when one of us might-" I was sayin' when she shoved me.

"No! Don't even say anything so morbid, I Won't lose anyone else... Not if I can help it, I refuse to lose anyone else!" Her voice caught at the end and she quickly turned her back to me.

"Des, ya've been Moody lately and in the week or so I've known ya, yer usually so happy and care free." I sighed tryin' ta say the right things, though I've never done anything like this before.

"It's nothing, probably just my period... I'm fine, thank you though Daryl." She smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes, she was lying and I wanted to laugh at how horrible a liar she is.

"How many siblings do you have?" I asked her, all out of nowhere, trying to get her to open up and she just laid down on the grass.

"I...um three." She whispered, as she laid there looking up at the shade of the tree and I frowned.

"I thought that Maggie and Beth were Greene?" I asked her, because I knew that Dylan and Faith were her siblings, but I haven't seen the third one.

"Yeah, they are, I had another Brother...his name was Adam and he was only a year Younger then me." She explained and I felt bad about asking her that, I should've known.

"Oh, um sorry, Have ya los' anyone else?" I asked just so I would know who to bring up and who not to bring up.

"Not yet and I want to keep it that way." She told me as her voice shook and I wanted to hug her or rub her hand, but I wasn't sure if that would be fine with her.

"He die 'fore or 'fter the apocalypse happened?" I asked her and she sat up, hugging her knees to her chest.

"When the apocalypse first happened, we were out in the forest, We were just talking about his feelings for Beth, how she had turned him down." She smiled but it looked like a painful smile.

"I had told him that almost any woman could be swept off her feet if he brought flowers or wrote her a romantic poem... So he was picking flowers for her and that was when a walker attacked him." She told me as a tear rolled down her face and her body was shaking as she held in her pain.

"I tackled it off of him, but obviously I was too late, he was bleeding, a lot, he ended up stabbing the walker since I didn't have anything to kill it with. Once I was home, Dad took him from me and ran to Hershel." She said as silent sobs shook her body.

"After that he hasn't looked at me the same, I know he blames me for whatever happened to Adam and I still don't even know what happened to him." She concluded as tears streamed down her face and I finally decided to hug her.

"Merel is my only sibling, my older brother, but I don't know whether or not he is alive or not, so for now it's easy to believe he is dead." I told her, feeling it only right I tell her that.

"I'm so sorry Daryl, I wouldn't wish anything like this on anyone." She told me as she held me closer and her tears soaked my shirt.

This was the closest ANYONE had ever been, but I actually didn't mind her being this close to me, she made me fell at peace, even though everything has gone to shit.

We continued talking, but staying on some lighter subjects, such as favorite color, Gender preference, dated or not and normal stuff like that, until Carol brought us dinner.

Carol gave me a wink, but quickly went back to the house, leaving us to our silence and thoughts, again.

Des is a great woman, except that she blames herself for something that couldn't be changed.

I did however find out why she has been upset and that is because this is the second anniversary of his M. I. A.

"If it came down ta it,would ya eat rat or dog?" I asked her and she raised an eyebrow at me as she swallowed her food.

"One, either of those would suck to eat. Two, why would you even ask that? Finally Three, If I absolutely had to chose it would be Rat, I suppose." She shrugged and I shrugged back.

"Me ta, I don' think I'd be able ta eat dog, seems wrong." I told her and she snorted.

"You eat deer, a beautiful, harmless creature and yet you couldn't make yourself eat dog? Wow, some morals there Daryl." She laughed and continued eating.

"Whatever, favorite band before all this shit went down?" I asked her, to change the subject.

"Green Day, Fall Out Boy, AC/DC and Nickelback. What about you?" She answered and awaited mine.

"Bullet For my Valentine, Three Days Grace, Nickelback, AC/DC and Three Doors Down. You have pretty damn good taste in music." I smirked at her.

"Yeah, you can thank my Brother and Father for that." She smiled and placed her bowl next to the fire.

The rest of the evening went on like that, there were some silent moments but we were comfortable with them.

Until, Des just headed on back to the house for some rest, telling me she'd be back with breakfast again tomorrow.

She is someone who I always pictured myself with, but I don't think I am good enough to have her.

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×
Thank you to Everyone who is reading, please do remember to COMMENT, VOTE and SHARE!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!