𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Amanda's POV

Sand. Sand everywhere. It's been already 2 years since I joined the army and have been sent to Afghanistan. Of course I miss my husband Drew but I have to do this. My general says he'll be sending me home soon, that is if I survive till then.

There's is another thing.... Something I haven't told anyone, not even my husband in case someone reads those letters. 6 months ago I took on a side mission, after I found out my best friend, Laura, went missing. She worked as a nurse for the other team and even though she wasn't with us I can still save her. After all she was the one I love, I always have. I still remember the first time I met her...

My husband Drew wanted me to meet his friend Danny and his wife Laura. We all went to a dinner that day after which Drew and Danny filmed a video while Laura and I got to know each other better. We talked for hours even tho it felt like it's been just minutes. I have been in love with her ever since but I don't know if she feels same. I'm not even sure if she's into girls.

It was 1:30 am right now, I'll have to get going soon, I received news that Laura was being held hostage near our camping site and I have a plan. If I can sneak over to their base without being noticed I'll be able to get her and hopefully get out of there without having to kill anyone. Right now I just have to leave my tent and base without any of my comrades noticing me leave. That should be easy considering  Jackson is the one who's currently on the look out, I'm not sure where other guards are but if I can trick him into letting me leave it will all be a piece of cake after that. Jackson is one of my closest friends here and kind of my right hand man I hope he will listen to me and let me sneak off.

A/N: this is it for now I hope this isn't too weird and also tell me if you like it :)