Chapter Thirty-three: Just two more days...

All I can do is sit here, and think about what my 'uncle' Alejandro has just told me. I know that my mother had given up her wings, but I did not know about all the rest. They never once thought about explaining it to us, they said there was no real reason for us to know.

"How did I not know?" I looked down at my hands, and saw them change,even through the ribbons. I have been in here for two days now. Since then I have been left alone with my thoughts. This made me see my father in a different light, but that does not change all that he has done to me and my siblings. Blake and I almost started hating one another because of that stupid title. Lenore became a heartless, homicidal child that cares only for the dead. And I am stuck between the two worlds that I am from.  

I see my hair growing longer, and I feel my muscles stretching and expanding. Two more days, just two more days and I can search for Ashton. I found myself missing him the most. In just the short amount of time that I have known him, Ashton has become a big part of my immortal life. I know that he will never die, seeing as he no longer has a soul, so maybe he might be my one chance. I mean I don't exactly meet other immortal guys everyday, and he is a really nice guy.

"Should you really be thinking about boys at this moment?" I looked up and saw another angel. Only this one was a girl, with long straight brown hair, and deep gray eyes that seemed almost endless.

"Who are you?" I just noticed that even my voice sounded different.

"Alexandria, angel of knowledge, and your aunt." She flew up to me and touched the holly ribbons that were now wrapped around half my body. "I know that you are thinking about that zombie boy."

"He is not a zombie boy!" She simply smiled and flew around me. The breeze caused by her wings made my now extremely warm skin cool down. I closed my eyes for a second, but when I opened them she was in front of my face once again.

"Look, I know that you like that boy. More like love really." She smiled at me and wrapped a strand of my hair around her finger.

"What are you talking about? How can I love him? I hardly know him." She dropped my hair and crossed her long arms over her chest. She gave me a look that said 'please, even a new born can tell you love him'.

"Look, you may not be used to the emotion of love for others seeing as you're 'his' daughter and all. But you are an angel now, you should enjoy the freedom to have emotions that wont cost the world more than you could imagine." She is right. A reaper should never show or have emotions, they are considered a form of weakness when it comes time to collect the souls. Father said that he learned first hand the affect showing pity for a human can do.

"So, aunt Alexandria, why are you here?"

"To warn you." She dropped her hand to her side, and her gentle face took a more serious one.

"Warn me? About what?"

"There is a dark force waiting for you to return, and this one is stronger than Abraham's. Take this opportunity to focus more on the information that should me put into your memories, rather than worry about an immortal boy. He is one of the people that will need your help when you get back, right?" She is right, like I guess she might be all the time. I still feel that it is my fault that he was in the state that he was in, because I left him alone.

"Don't cry my dear." She wiped a tear from my cheek that I didn't even know I shed. She pulled her hand away, and sure enough there it was. My first tear ever.

"Is that really mine?" She smiled and wiped my cheek once more.

"Lolita, do you know why you have never cried before? Because crying is your bodies way of cleaning the soul. Have you ever noticed that a human will cry, for the silliest of reasons, but once they do they feel better? That is the soul becoming clean, and allowing them to think with a clearer head. You and your siblings could never cry because you technically had no soul, and hence had no connection to heaven. However, you and Blake seemed to have broken that barrier."

"And what about Lenore?" She thought about it for a moment and then shivered. I couldn't help but laugh. I should have know that Lenore was that bad. "May I ask you something?"

"Anything?"

"Could my mother ever come back?" She was quiet for a moment, but then she sighed.

"Lilith was never kicked out of heaven, she left of her 'own free will'. I know that that may seem harsh, but understand. Lilith is my sister, and the day she gave up her wings, the darkness around that 'man' was free to enter her body. That is why her hair and eye color changed the way they did. The only way an angel is immune to the darkness is from our pure wings and halo. Just like how pure light and the gates hurt your father. Lolita, death and life may be one of the same, but faith made it so that they were never to meet until the end." She started heading for the door to exit the room. But before she did, she stopped to look at me once again. "Just know this, I don't hate you or your siblings. You are my nieces and nephew, I will always love you. I just do not love the darkness that makes it hard for us to even touch you." And with that she walked out the door, just as the ribbon wrapped around and covered my mouth. All that was left was part of my lower body and my eyes.

I closed them just as the ribbons wrapped my head, and I was now covered in total darkness. However, I could still feel the light coming in through the ribbon, making sure that I was never without the familiar warmth that the light gave off. I now had more in my head to think about, but Alexandria's words still rang in my head. I need to put those thought to the side, and focus on the information I should be focusing on. I will need all this information when I face the darkness she told me about. But before I did, I tried to focus on the person I hoped was next to me at the moment.

"Ashton, please fight. I am here, I am here with you." I wish I could say it to him in person, but that is going to have to wait for now. I blocked out all outside toughs, and focused on all the information being pushed into my brain, this is going to leave me one big headache.