chapter 16

Lacey

"Xavier, stop! Please!' I screamed, pounding my fists at his broad chest. He ignored me, not flinching or softening even once at my touch.

His eyes were as dark as night, his usual handsome features contorted in one of disgust, hatred, and anger.

I tried desperately to stop while he threw multiple fists towards Bryce's face, while screaming nasty profanities. I grabbed his large bicep, but he easily brushed me off. No one dared to help Bryce, that was completely suicidal.

I kept trying to pull Xavier away from Bryce, crying even harder when I saw blood gushing from his nose, eyebrow and lip.

"Xavier, I will never forgive you if you kill him." I choked out, looking at Jackson for help. In response, I got an apologetic look from him.

I growled in defeat, pulling at my hair when I heard a blow crack another bone in Bryce's body.

Please, stop Xavier. You're going to kill him. I whimpered through our mind link, choked sobs emitting from my lips as I desperately tried to pull Xavier's hands from Bryce's neck.

No matter how pissed I am at Bryce for leaving me, his still was my brother-- and I still loved him.

"Xavier, if you love me then you won't kill him." I yelled so loud, the house seemed to shake. Xavier let go of my brothers neck, letting him fall-- making me wince yet sigh in relief.

My mate turned over and looked at me with angry black eyes, but they soon softened when he saw me. A small group had gathered around the scene, eyeing my moves carefully. What do I do?

I hesitantly took small steps towards Xavier, resting a hand on his bloodied chest before bringing him into my embrace. A large weight was lifted off my shoulders when pack doctors and nurses came into the room, helping Bryce stand up before they exited the Pack House and went to the hospital.

Xavier was stiff for a moment, then buried his head into my neck--deeply inhaling my scent. I rubbed his back and shoulders, calming him down even more.

"Get out!" Xavier yelled at the small crowd that had formed around us just in these past few moments. I winced, and gave them all apologetic looks as they scurried off, whispering.

My mate directed his attention back towards me, his gaze so intense that I felt uncomfortable under it. I didn't say a word as I motioned him to sit on the counter, while I grabbed a small first aid kit.

I began dabbing the alcohol soaked cotton ball onto his bloody knuckles, chest and torso. He didn't flinch under my touch, or the burning sensation I'm assuming he felt when the alcohol touched his skin.

Instead, I looked up to him looking at me with adoration. I felt my face warm up, then put a large bandage on the deep cut he had on his chest.

Even though he was a werewolf, the cut was way too deep to ignore. It would take weeks to heals, possibly even a month at the most.

I put away the first aid kit quickly, then walked upstairs quietly ignoring the harsh stares directed towards me.

I quickly walked back into Xavier and I's large room, and flopped onto the bed. After a few moments, I curled myself into the covers. I needed peace. I rolled my eyes when I  smelled Xavier's scent and heard the door opening slowly.

I didn't bother to look up at him, instead I acted like I was asleep. I wrapped the soft comforters around my shoulders, sighing in contentment as the soft cloth caressed my skin.

I felt the bed dip, and a warm large hand rub up and down my arm gently. My mate laid down next to me, attempting to pull me to his chest. I shook off his touch, anger filling me. After today, he had no right to touch me.

Bryce was still my brother. It didn't matter what happened in the past, it matters what happening right now.

"I know you're angry with me, baby. And I'm sorry for that. My wolf came out, and I lost control. I hate seeing you upset Princess. Please forgive me." I heard Xavier plead, before I feel asleep.

---
Hope you all enjoyed! 100 votes maybe? And thank you for 2k reads!!
Much love,
-Corinne