Louisa 4: The Essay

I went for my desk and greeted some classmates, Good morning. Then place my bag on the chair beside the girl that has a wavy brunette hair and an olive skin complexion. She is wearing the same clothes like mine studded black leather boots, red skinny jeans and a plain white tank top under a black vest. We look like were joining a dance contest, I'll miss this. I sigh at the though.

        "Louisa!" She exclaimed as she stood up. "I'm starting to worry."

        "Chloe, hi" I answered with a low voice. "Traffic was intense!" I exaggerate.

        "What's wrong?" She asks eyeing me with her hazel brown eyes. "Are you okay?"

        "Nothing." I answered. "I'm fine." I answered as I force a smile.

        "Good Morning class." Mrs. Jones greeted as she enter the room that's the sign that we need to settle, I sit down beside Chloe that is still eyeing me with her brown eyes. I give her my Seriously-Stop-It look then she shrug. If I tell you what's bothering me, you'll run away so I think it's better if I keep it for myself . I thought. You wouldn't want to be friends with me.

        Chloe furrows her brows, she must notice I'm staring. Then she whispers, "What?" and I answered her, "Nothing". and re-adjusted my sitting position.

       "Mr. Spencer is on leave right now." Mrs. Jones informs. "So I'm here to replace him for the mean time." She announces. "Take out your assignments, I believe he gave you one, and please pass it forward."

       I reach for my bag, took it out and pass my assignment. Mrs. Jones checked on a small post-it paper, then she orders us to open our books. She started talking about subject-verb agreement. The whole conversation about the topic is so redundant. I keep on glancing out the window and I spotted some boys playing football some are around the oval running while the cheerleaders are practicing their dance choreography and stunts.

       "Louisa, can you point out where's the subject and the verb in the sentence." The question draws me back to the classroom. I gave her my answer and went back to reminiscing. 

       I remember what dad told me in the car earlier today. "You are different from your friends, from the people around you, from everyone you knew because we don't belong here." He casually said as he drives pass the traffic.

      "What do you mean?" I ask uncomfortable of my siting position. "How am I different?"

       "We are not like the normal people around us," He glances at me for a moment, "we are of different nature." He continued.

       "Different nature?" I frown. I'm sure I'm human. "What does that mean, Dad?"

        "Yes baby, tell me," he steered the car to turn right. "all the things that you could do that others cannot?" He raises an eyebrow.

         I gave it a thought, we are nearing the school. "Like how excel academically and in my extra-curricular activities?"

         "No," he said slowly. "It's extra ordinary, you're smart. What I mean is something different, out of this world." He sounds exaggerated at the last word.

         "You mean like I could read people's mind." I paused and look at him, no side comments? He just keeps on looking at the road, so I went on. "Sometimes the I could make the water rise. Play with fire without getting burned." I eyed him still no response. I adjusted my sitting position so I'm looking at him. "I don't even know why people have reflexes whenever they have contact with fire!" Total silence from him. "I can make the wind strong sometimes." I continued holding back about the lightning bolt that I once accidentally summoned. He'll be mad at me if he knew I broke his favorite antique because of my abilities. I only told him I was not looking where I'm going.