Chapter 9: Run

"Damaged people gravitate toward Damage people." - Norman Reedus

Daryl's POV:

It was a day after my hunting trip with Destiny and even though I have only known her for a week, It felt like I could've known her my whole life. 

I may not know much about her but I actually want to know why her smiles seem hollow and why she always looks uncomfortable around her family. 

I was sitting on my stump making more arrows for my Cross bow when Des casually walked up with a bowl. This is the twentieth time she has stood there waiting for me to take the food. 

"Okay, look I know I keep coming around and I keep coming up with excuses for coming around but I enjoy hanging out with you Daryl." She smiled at me and stood there Awkwardly. 

Despite her awkwardness, I knew her words were genuine, she wasn't always coming around because someone had told her to, she was doing it because she WANTED to. 

Something not many people actually did around me, I am usually just someone who gets the job done and keeps the food coming. 

"Thanks, wanna try to make some arrows?" I asked her and gestured to the tree pieces I was working with. 

"No thank you, thank you though maybe another time? Rick wants to go out on a run, he wanted Me to ask you if it could just be the two of us." She sat down beside me and grabbed a spoonful of food. 

"Uh-huh yeah, whatever I can do it on my own, I don't need you there." I told her and she motioned for me to open up. 

"Hell no, your not spoon feeding me, I am not an invalid, Give me the Damn bowl." I shook my head at Her, as I put down the arrow I was working on and slipped the knife back into its sheath. 

She smiled, laughed and shook her head at me. "Not my fault I have to always force you to eat, Mr. Dixon." She stuck her tongue out at me and laid back on the grass. 

As I swallowed my third scoop of eggs, I actually chuckled. "I piss there ya know and maybe shit." I chuckled and she say right up, dusting herself off. 

"Oh what the hell Daryl! Your so disgusting!" She laughed and punched my shoulder. 

"Nah, I forgot I shit and piss over there behind the bushes, yer safe." I hid my smile behind the spoonful of food. 

"What ever D, I will see you by the vehicles in fifteen?" She asked me as she sauntered away laughing. 

I had brought my dirty dishes inside and was surprised to see Des sitting on my bike. 

"Hey hands off Des, no one drives my bike." I told her smirking as I messed with the strap on my Crossbow, that was slung on my back. 

"Whatever, someday I wanna drive this, this is seriously a sick bike." She complimented as she stood to her feet and I noticed her attire. 

She was wearing tight jeans, white

Wife beater tank top, leather jacket and black combat boots. With her bow on her back and a kick ass Sword underneath her bow. 

"Are yeah sure you can use those?" I teased her as I straddled the bike and took it off of the stand. 

"Okay, so stick together, grab whatever is useful and be careful for walkers." I instructed her as I pulled up to the pharmacy and parked. 

She nodded her head, pulled out her Sword and headed inside. I quickly followed behind her, holding a bag of my own, going through the pharmacy trying to find anything for infants. 

"Hey Des-" I walked up behind her, she gasped and dropped whatever was in her hands. 

I looked down and picked up whatever she dropped. Only to stare at the box then to her and back at the box. This didn't quite add up, she didn't seem like the type. She blushed and looked angry. 

"I ain't judgin', just curious who you'd need 'em for, yer always 'round me-or are you trying to hint at me?" I tried to joke with her. 

She took the box of condoms and shoved it into the backpack. "It isn't for me, I have no reason for these. They are for Glenn and Maggie." She explained and looked down at a list. 

I smirked and raised an eyebrow at her. "Ya sure you ain't wishing you couldn't find more for yourself, to keep on hand, in case I want to have some fun with ya?" I asked her and she dropped a bottle of prenatal pills. 

"Your an asshole and just because everyone else wants to sleep with you, doesn't mean I want to." She told me as she picked up the prenatal pills, grabbed the rest of them off the shelf and started to look around for other useful stuff. 

"Maybe YOU should keep some condoms, incase someone else wants to screw with you." She rolled her eyes at me and pushed all of the pain pills, Gauze and other useful stuff from behind the counter, into the bag. 

"Come on, I think we're done here." She walked out and I rubbed the top of my head in irritation. 

I thought that I was pretty damn funny, I guess my humor is lost when it comes to women. 

I quickly reached down and grabbed the last two boxes of condoms and shoved them into the bag. 

To Hell with her attitude, what if she changed her mind about not wanting to screw me, Better be safe then Lori. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!