Chapter Fifty-Six: Lovesick? More like Seasick

"A date?" I repeated.

Jordan smiled. "Yup, a date."

"A date?" Bennett said.

"Uh-huh."

"A date?" Declan asked.

"Is there an echo in here?"

"If it's for the password, are there any other choices?"

It was as if I grabbed a sword and just stabbed him. The guys were no help when they were trying to hold back their laughter.

"Now there isn't," he said.

"But doesn't a date contradict with article 15, section five of the contract?" I asked him.

Jordan thought about it for a second then his eyes widened in surprise.

"Naomi!"

I blinked. "What? What did I do?"

He came over and gave me a big hug, practically crushing me.

"I'm so sorry!"

"Sorry for what?"

"I'm so sorry for getting your hopes up. It's not that kind of a date."

"Thank you," I whispered gratefully to myself.

He looked at me. "Did you say something?"

"Me? No, of course not."

"I didn't mean to lead you on or anything," Jordan assured me. "But you know study dates right? It's just friends out to study, and it just seems like a date. It's the same thing here."

I knew from the look Declan and Bennett were wearing, they were thinking the same thing: That makes no sense.

"We're just friends going to the fair out of boredom. We can call it a date, or an outing, or whatever you want, but it's not a date-date. You get me?"

"Yeah, sure."

Jordan looked at the others and winked. "Don't worry you guys."

"Why did you wink? What is that suppose mean?" Declan asked.

"I don't get you at all," Bennett grumbled.

"Would the others go at least?" I asked.

"If we all went, then it wouldn't be a date," Jordan said. "Besides, they have stuff to do. And what? You don't want to hang out with me?"

Avoiding the question, I said, "I know I should have said this sooner, but we don't have to go on a date."

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? How come?"

"I already know the password," I said. "I just wanted to ask your permission to have the website. I thought it was better to just ask you the password entirely."

"Even if I gave you permission to have it, I still don't believe you know the-"

"It's wallace_rocks314."

Jordan froze in place at the sound of it.

Declan burst out laughing. "Are you kidding me? Like the school password?"

"I got lazy and couldn't think of anything else!" Jordan retorted before taking out his phone and started typing away.

"You're coming up with a new password, aren't you?" Bennett asked him.

"No," Jordan said, stretching the word. "Alright fine, I am." He then pressed a final button and crossed his arms. "There, I dare you to know the password now."