I Like You - HeYa FanFic - Chapter 6

Naya Rivera’s POV

The pounding in my head woke me up with a start. I groaned as last night’s intoxication made me dizzy. I squinted as the Saturday sunlight stung my eyes. I attempted to sit up, shaking the bed making Heather groan beside me. I looked over at her and slumped off the bed and into a heap on the floor. I stood up and made my way to the bathroom where I threw up in the toilet bowl.

‘You shouldn’t have drank that much, Naya.’ I looked up and Heather stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips and her body wrapped with the bed sheet.

‘Piss off, Heather.’ I muttered before throwing up again. I heard Heather sigh behind me and felt her hand on my back. She pulled my hair back as I threw up loudly. ‘How much did I drink last night?’

‘About 4 bottles plus a glass of wine.’ Heather whispered. I shivered as I felt her hot breath against my bare skin. ‘You cold, baby?’

‘Yeah, the floor’s cold.’

‘Probably because you’re naked on it.’ Heather chuckled and wrapped the bed sheet around me so it was wrapped around both of us. Immediately, I was engulfed in body heat. Heather put her chin on my shoulder after giving it a small kiss. I spat out the last of my puke before standing up, turning to the sink and rinsing my mouth. I wiped my mouth on the towel and looked at Heather who was in the same position since I left her. ‘Are you okay, Naya?’

‘Yeah, I’m fine.’ I couldn’t tell Heather that I was drifting away although I knew she could sense it. ‘We should put some clothes on. Do you want to go out for dinner later?’

‘Sure.’ Heather stood up and smiled at me before leaving the bathroom. I sighed and buried my face in my hands. When I walked out of my bedroom, there was no sign of Heather. I walked to the kitchen and found a note that read:

Dear Naya,

I’ve gone home because I don’t want to be a burden.

Love always, Heather.

I smiled softly at Heather’s handwriting before scrunching up the note and throwing it in the bin. I had feelings for Heather, yes, but those feelings confused me. I knew I wasn’t fully gay nor was I fully straight. I was, oh what do they call it, bisexual? Yeah, probably. I wanted to be with Heather but not really. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I love Heather, probably more than I’ve ever loved anyone else, but I’m not ready for a serious relationship. It’s always been meet, have sex and say goodbye. But with Heather, it’s different. I can tell she wants a serious relationship but how do I tell her I’m not ready? I need to talk to Dianna about this. She’ll know what to do. I walked to my bedroom and put on my clothes. I pulled out my phone and began to text Dianna:

I need your help, Di. Meet me at my place?

A few seconds later, I got this reply:

I have something to tell you too. Sounds great, see you there.

XXXXX

‘What did you want to talk to me about?’ Dianna sat next to me on the couch.

‘Heather.’ I looked at Dianna.

‘Okay, what about Heather?’ Dianna held my hands comfortingly. ‘She’s not pregnant, is she?’

‘She’s not pregnant, Di.’ I smiled weakly. ‘I wanted to talk about my relationship with Heather. I feel like I’m not ready for a serious relationship. It’s always been one night stands for me, you know that. I want to tell her that I’m not ready but I don’t know how.’ Dianna looked at me thoughtfully.