I'm the Short Demon Loser from Hell, not Gorgeous

Logan had refused to speak to me for the rest of the day. After I had pointed out that little, totally random detail, his cheeks became as pink as the frosting on a birthday cake before shoving my hand away from him like it was scum and storming off.

I hadn't seen him since. Oh well. I hope he had fun being lost in this haunted castle. But seriously, he better show up soon; I wasn't brave enough to tour my castle after hours alone. 

I was in the kitchen, where I was alone, munching on a bag of chips, an unhealthy energy drink by my side. I was rocking out to All Time Low with my ear buds shaking in my ear as I sang along to their songs. I was incredibly bored, if you couldn't tell.

I had spent the majority of the remainder of the day in the kitchen, watching dinner be prepared or having workers pop in and out, some to greet me or to report orders. Dinner had been cancelled when Mother said she didn't want a family just yet.

Alfred had showed up at one point. He had asked why I wasn't with Logan, and I poured my heart out to Alfred, telling him about everything. After that, Alfred gave me an amused look before granting me a soda and disappearing.

I continued singing on and on, my playlist switching from Today's Hits to Alternative to Disney music. I couldn't find it within me to stop because my absolutely amazing vocal skills were the only way to keep me entertained. You know, because someone had to be such a girl and disappear.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice someone shuffling into the kitchen. When I finally saw him, I nearly yelped and fell of the counter. It felt like a near-death experience, the feeling of almost falling off a high place.

Except the counter wasn't' really high. It was like what, three, four feet tall?

I flashed the lean and tall figure leaning against the doorway my infamous scowl. He simply smirked in response before sauntering in. My body tensed as I realized it wasn't Logan Cross, my bodyguard, who was gazing at me with an unreadable gaze.

It was Logan Cross, the king of Cross Academy. My mortal enemy. 

Oh no. He was coming back. The demon overlord. You know, the one from the very beginning, when I said he'd look like the ultimate tyrant if he decided to grow horns or bat wings. I hadn't seen this side of him ever since he became my bodyguard. 

He barely flashed me another glance as he moved farther into the kitchen. As he passed by me and headed towards the counter that his and my dinner. He didn't even bother to turn around as he heated up the pasta. He didn't notice that the entire time, I was burning holes into his back, mentally cursing him for leaving me all alone to die of boredom this past afternoon. 

He was rummaging through all the cabinets and drawers. Cross was quiet about it as he switched from one place to another, but it infuriated me. Hello! Who's the one who lives in the castle? Cross, I'm right here!

I saw what he had been searching for, and it had been two silver forks. He grabbed the two plates of pasta and began to stalk off. My guess was his room so he could hoard all of Frederick's beloved cooking all to himself.

"That's my plate, Cross," I snapped loudly. First, I yanked my hot pink ear buds out of my hear and then hopped down from the counter. No one, I repeat, absolutely no one takes Park Sparrow's food.

Cross didn't reply, nor did he turn around. Seriously? Was he still mad about my little comment earlier? Okay, so what if he was holding my hand slash wrist slash whatever part of my arm? It's not like he did it on purpose!

I sighed exhaustively (even though I didn't actually do anything exhausting). "If you're mad about earlier today, I will not apologize. I was merely stating an observation, okay? No need to be all melodramatic and reality TV show about it."