Chapter Fourteen

Crap. Crap.

I hurriedly grabbed everything that Kate had already laid on my bed and put it all on. Since I had no time to blow dry my hair, I grabbed an elastic and made my hair up in a messy bun. Finishing with some pink lip gloss and some dark mascara, I checked my reflection on the mirror.

My green eyes stood out of my flushed face. Shrugging, I grabbed my brown boots and practically ran downstairs. As I was descending the stairs two at a time, one of my foot bumped with one of the steps and I ended up tripping over and falling with a loud thump at the bottom of the stairs.

Blushing and completely embarrassed I looked up to the side where everyone was watching me. Anya and my mother where each one smirking at me, Kate's green eyes seemed to almost pop out of her head panicked. On the other couch were Scott's friend, a rather handsome, but old enough to be my father male holding his smile, but failing at it and Scott was seating next to him, in all his glory and handsomeness.

He, didn't hold anything. He burst out laughing so hard that after a few silent seconds made everyone in the room follow after him.

I blushed even harder and in a dignified manner, tried to get up. As I was leaning on my elbow, I heard a slap and a pair of shoes running to me. My eyes gazed up and I found myself in front of the handsome stranger with his hand ready to help me up.

"Thanks" I mumbled still embarrassed.

His calloused hand helped me up without any problem at all. I smiled at him noticing his small but intense grey eyes scrutinizing me. It didn't make me uncomfortable, though. He seemed like it was just natural for him to do so.

"I'm Sean" He gave me a crooked smile.

Smiling back, I cleared my throat and answered, "I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you, Sean."

Scott cleared his throat behind Sean and while rubbing a hand on his neck, he muttered "Hi, Em." It didn't go unnoticed by me the sharp sight he gave Sean, who took a step back and still smiling at me, paced back to the living room.

What was that?

He seemed more like a worker than a friend...

Frowning, I looked at Scott and for some strange reason, his now smugly smile made my heart race faster. He had dark blue denim jeans, white shirt and a black formal jacket. His hair was messily loose as always, and his dark chocolate eyes were gazing at me intensely.

My mouth felt dry all of a sudden.

"Hi" I whispered back still mesmerized by him.

"Sorry" he added sheepishly. His smirk transformed into a really beautiful smile that made me hold my breath, "are you ok?" he asked concerned.

I simply nodded. Suddenly, I remembered that we were not alone and turned my eyes to the small living room where every pair of eyes were watching our little exchange rather curiously.

Clearing my throat, I stepped past him to enter the said room.

"It smells really good, Mom" I narrowed my eyes at her.

Mom's smile widened, "I do hope that it tastes as good as it smells." I noticed that she had directed this to Sean, who was now intensely looking at her.

"Thank you for the invitation, Mrs. McQueen" Scott's voiced behind me.

"It is our pleasure, your highness" she bowed her head respectfully. At that small movement, I noticed that Scott's body tensed.

"Please call me by my first name" Scott added somewhat restrained.

"Sure...Scott" Mom hesitated, but smiled at him.