Chapter 1

"What do you think, Rane?" Nina asks, holding a dress to her body to show fit. She twirls around while dramatically batting her eyelashes. What a show off. Ah, but that's why I love her, she's so goofy. She's my best friend in the whole wide world.

I smile and toss her another couple dresses, careful not to accidentally hurt her while doing so. "Try these on too", I say. Nina takes the purple silk dress and goes in the dressing rooms to change. When she comes out she has the same purple dress on.

"You like?" she asks, holding up her arms in the angled way super models also do.

"Yeah, now my turn. Scoot your toot", I giggle, grabbing my dress to try on. I go past her and into the stall next to hers. I strip my clothes and hop into the black dress I had picked out earlier in the boutique. I check myself out in the mirror and admire at how freaking awesome I look in this dress.

It's black, strapless, Arden B Tiered Tube Dress. A perfect party dress. If you don’t know what that looks like, then I feel terribly sorry for you for not recognizing the name of such a beautiful dress. Hmm... It shows my curves off nicely and shows off a slight bit of cleavage. That’s it, I’m buying it.

I get closer toward the mirror and examine my face, but mostly my eyes. I flinch as both colors pop out at me, showing their difference by a startling contrast. No, I do not have two different colored eyes. More likely, both my eyes have two colors. Blue and orange.

"I’m coming out, so step away from the door unless you want a concussion", I tell Nina, my voice slightly raised so she can hear my through the door.

I listen to the sound of fabric rubbing against fabric and know she stepped back. Good. I throw open the door and step out as if I’m in a haze, turning this way and that as if cameras were flashing at me, taking my picture. I do just about every pose I know until I finish it with a final flick of my hair towards my invisible crowd.

Nina claps and wolf whistles at my astounding performance, and jumps up and down like a maniac. I smile at her, laughing at myself with her. "Who's the show off now, Nina dear?" I question, her.

I look at a crowd of guys watching us and wave in a polite way, but my face says back the fuck off. If they try and track us down like in that Twilight movie, I'll kick their wimpy asses. They back away from my vicious glare and leave us in peace.

"Girl, you look fab-u-lous!" Nina sings, smoothing out the bottom part and pulling up the top part. My great model-like performance had accidently made my dress slip down a teensy bit. I ruefully pull it back up to it's original place and give Nina a grin.

"Thank you! Yours looked better on you too", I compliment. I remember something and and point at both our dresses. "Try mine on while I try yours on."

Nina nods and goes into a stall with me. We switch dresses, tossing them over the stall wall into the other person's stall for them to try on. "It fits!" Nina and I call out at the same time. We giggle in sync at our goofiness. I change back into my normal clothes and step back out of the stall.

"Let’s buy these babies!" Nina exclaims, rushing to the empty check out line. A good thing about this store, besides the wonderful dresses, is that they have so many check out lines that we never have to wait. We pay for the dresses and walk out of there like we own the place.

Nina stops and looks around for her car. We find it and get in the car quickly, the excitement bubbling in our stomachs. Nina takes her car keys and starts the car but turns to me before driving out. "Where now?"

"Where else?"

Nine grins. "Smart Rane", she says, patting my head. She backs out of the space she parked in and drives straight for the one place where every awesome teen in Brooklyn, NY is going to be tonight, no doubt. But first we have to stop at her house for a sec.