Chapter 5

Chapter 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lay on a bed and he sits next to me. The doctor walks in and says “Annie I’m going to give you some medicine to clean your system” I look at finnick. “Annie its ok I won’t leave your side I’ll be right here when you wake up” he tells me. I nodded to him and I closed my eyes, as they slowly slide a needle into my arm. I waited, just lying there. I felt finnicks hand take mine. I slipped into my mind. I wake up screaming but I felt finnicks arms around my body and I melt into him. I lay in his arms not wanting to sleep alone. His arms are holding me protectively and I am curled into him. I roll to where I can look into his eyes. He gives me a small smile and I see him lean in to kiss me. I comply and kiss back gently and move a bit closer to him. His arms keep me pulled close and the kiss becomes deeper and more passionate. I lay back and he hovers over me now placing gentle kisses on my cheek and neck. He runs his hands up and down my body and nibbles softly on my neck. He tugs at the hem of my shirt and I lift my arms and he removes it, discarding it across the room. I pull him close and kiss him passionately. His hands roam down to my waist and he tugs down at my pants sliding them down my legs. I kiss his neck and pull away to take his shirt off. He smirks and rubs against me I feel that he is hard against my leg. I lay him back and unzip his pants and slide them downwards leaving us both almost completely naked. He pins me back down to the bed and I kiss him again deeply placing my hands on his shoulders keeping him close. At that moment I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. “Take me” I told him. I saw a tear fall from his eyes as he complied.

 I wake up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. “Finnick, Beetee needs you” Finnick is already dressed in the clothes district 13 gave us. I look at him. “Annie, I’ll be back soon I promise!” he says kissing my forehead and walking out the door. I get up and take a shower. I put on the clothes district 13 gave me. I leave my hair down. I sit and look at myself in the mirror. “How can finnick love me I’m not as pretty as those capitol girls!” I stare at myself for what feels like hours. I skip lunch and I hear a banging on the door. My head snaps over and looks at it. I stand up and open the door. “Annie cresta?” a man barks at me. “Y-y-yes” I stutter out. “Please follow us” 2 men order at me. I obey and follow them. They lead me down hallways and up some stairs. They stop at a double glass door. They open it and it leads to a green house. I smile because it reminds me home. It has all of the flowers I love. I look around following a path of pink petals. I follow it until I see finnick. “Finnick what are you doing?” I say to him. “Annie” he says in a loving way as he takes my hands. I look him in the eyes. “Finnick what’s going on why are we here?” I ask starting to panic. “Annie its ok no will hurt you, I just have a question for you” he says looking into my eyes. I nod. “Annie cresta” he states as he gets down on one knee “Will you make me the happiest man in all of panem and marry me?” I gasp. I feel tears fall down my face. “YES” I blurt out. “Yes I will marry you finnick”. He picks me up and spins me around while kissing me. He sets me down and holds my hand. We walk to dinner together. “EXCUSE ME EVERYONE” Finnick shouts over everyone. Their heads snap over to me and finnick. “Annie said yes!” he says joyfully. I feel like everyone is judging me. We sit down and eat dinner never letting go of each other’s hands.