Just Talking

The rest of the day was a big blur, my mind kept wandering to the thoughts of going home and well... What had happened in music class. By the end of the last period, I had just been to my locker then passed the crowd of students all eager to leave school. I walked over to the school bus-stop but I knew the bus wasn't going to be here for a while...I wished it would hurry up, I just wanted to go home, have a shower, quickly get my homework done and lie on the couch. I watched as everyone was leaving until there was only a few people left. I suddenly looked up and saw Luke walking over. That's weird, he usually doesn't catch the bus. But yet there he was, he saw me and sort of smiled. It was like a small grin but it was really cute. He walked over to me

"Long time no see" he said sarcastically

"Yeah so long.. Haven't noticed you here before." I point out.

"Oh, my mum is working later shifts from now on so I have to catch a bus."

"So your not a stalker?"I say, he smirked and then I added "Music was good today."

"Yeah, it was good, we are quite random but you will get used to it"

"Is that so? You boys are a bit of a laugh actually."

We were talking and laughing more to each other when the bus finally rocked up. We both stepped on and sat near each other, he started listening to music and gave me one of the earphones to listen to.

We listened to songs from All Time Low to some new songs that I'd recently heard on the radio. Then the last song was really catchy but I didn't know who it was by. I was about to ask but Luke blurted out

"Can you give me your phone number?"

I nodded and signaled him to exchange phones to put in our numbers. Just as we were done, I looked up and we had just arrived at my stop. I got up and said goodbye to Luke quickly before walking down the aisle of the bus.

"See you tomorrow Ellie" he replied back as I got off the bus.

I can't wait, I subconsciously thought to myself.

****

I stepped through my front door and into my house noticing no one is home yet. Well today's been quite eventful. I walked over to the mirror to be faced with my messy hair. Had it looked like this all day? Yuck. I always hated my hair, it was straight, thin and frizzy which never failed to annoy me. I took it out of the stretchy band and realised I was humming. It was that last song I was listening to with Luke and now I really wished I had asked him about it. The voice had sounded really familiar... I tied my 'tangle of mess' hair up again and suddenly I found myself thinking 'would Luke like my hair like this?' ...

****

Luke's P.O.V

I got off the bus and walked home slowly, dragging my school bag on my back while I was deep in thought. Today really was great, Ellie was really sweet and pretty but since Alison... I am a bit lost. Ellie and I could just talk and not have to think too much about it, I liked that, I wanted to get to know her better. Every word she would say made me intrigued and I had to keep myself from staring at her. I can be sort of awkward but that was just because we were just starting to talk. And now she has to put up with Calum, Michael, Ashton and me in music! I was unsure at first, I mean it's usually just us four boys or a couple other friends.

I felt a bit weird about what I did though. That last song on the bus... did she like it? I guess she will have to hear it properly sooner or later. I stepped throught the front door to be met with my mum in the hallway and one of my older brothers watching tv on the couch. TV. That would clear my mind for a bit right? I jumped over to the couch, purposely annoying my brother jokingly by flicking through the channels. Nothing that great was on and I didn't feel like playing any games at the moment. I decided to rush upstairs instead, throwing down my bag and shutting my door closed. I went over to my bed and lied down.

I shifted to the side to grab my phone out of my back pocket, unlocking it automatically. I clicked onto contacts and went thought the list. I stared at her number on my phone, she saved the name as "Ellie :)". Should I text her yet? Not yet, I have to play it out. I'll talk to her tomorrow anyway, I checked my timetable for tomorrow only to be disappointed we didn't have music. I would still see her anyway between classes. It weird how I never noticed her like this, had these feelings about her straight until today, but to be fair my mind was spinning.

Maybe things would become more clearer tomorrow, at least I hoped so...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey, thanks for reading and voting!

I tried something new by (trying) to do Luke's P.O.V. ill have to work on that it think haha

I hope you liked this chapter :)

I appreciate if you shared my story with anyone and comment below on what you think! xo