•Chapter 7 - The Past•

•William POV•

It all started one night back in Cheshire 18 years ago.

Harry Styles had been drunk one night and met my mom at a bar. They hit it off. They did and he left. But don't get me wrong; Harry or should I say Dad was a gentleman. He apologized to mom and left.

To tell the truth I haven't seen my mom in 15 years. She hated me. I looked too much like Dad for her to handle. She drove to McDonald's play park and left me there at the age of 3.

I stood there for hours like a good boy waiting for mom to come back.

But she never did.

So I went to an orphanage and went from foster home to foster home. I knew who my Dad was; it was pretty obvious really. Teenage girls at the orphanages would say how I could be his long lost son.

They were right.

When I was 7, I was at the beach. The orphanage I was at had taken a field trip that day. I was surprised how we could have enough money to go.

Unlike my father I was a quiet kid. I preferred to be by myself. I was sitting at the beach while the other kids played with each other. I looked at them with envy when a loud family comes on the beach. I look toward the family to see Harry Styles my father.

I was so excited to see him. I almost ran up to him to hug him. But then I saw him with a beautiful woman and figured I shouldn't ruin their day. I felt tears in my eyes wishing I could be there with them. Maybe she'd love me like a really Mommy should.

I see Harry – Dad look over his shoulder and shout, "COME ON TORI!"

Then an adorable girl walks out from behind Dad. She has her brown hair going down her back. She giggles as Dad ruffles her hair. Jealously runs through me. That should be me.

The girl, I think Tori is her name, goes and sits in the sand by herself as the rest of her family goes off somewhere else. I see her beautiful blue eyes follow a couple going down a beach. I'm guessing that's her parents. I see a longing in her eyes that makes me realize something.

She's just as lonely as me.

The girl sighs as a feeling blossoms in my chest as I watch her constraint on her castle. Her lips pouted out a little bit, her eyebrows furrows in concentration. She's so cute.

Then she jumps up into the water laughing. I smile at her. She was swimming happily till a wave comes crashing down on her.

When she doesn't come up, I sprint toward the water and dive in to save her. The salt from the water burns my eyes as I go down to get to her. My heart beat increases as I kick harder to get to her.