Change In Lifestyle

Chapter 1: The "Perfect" Life

I wake up at 3 o' clock P.M in my crimson colored queen sized bed and look to my left to check on my girlfriend, still sleeping.

"Joselyn, wake up." I tell her as I gently shake her shoulder. Joselyn Silvera is my girlfriend of 10 months now and she's been living with me for the past four months. We met completely by accident at a cafe once and I have never regretted it. She's heavenly; with long hair, an angel like face, a perfectly curved body; combine that with a positively great personality and generally being a fun person to have a conversation with. Her fur is rather dark, especially for her species, but I don't care.

"What is it?" She asks, still wiping the sleep from her eyes.

"Still fatigued from last night I assume?" I chuckle. She gives a small smile.

"I should be asking you the same thing. As I recall, staying up late isn't for you."

"Well, you have to make sacrifices when your girlfriend is an opossum now don't you? And don't try to change the subject, because we both know what happened was much more fatiguing than staying up all night." 

"It wasn't  that  fatiguing..." She says. An obvious hint of embarrassment in her tone.

"Really now? Because as I recall, after the fourth time we came, you fell right asleep." I say with a smile. She starts to blush. I gently turn her head and press my lips against hers; we stay, locked in that position for the next few wonderful seconds.

"I love you" I tell her after our lips part.

"I love you too" She replies.

"Alright, c'mon, we have to get up. I have work." I say, getting out of bed.

"But you don't have work. Today's Saturday, remember?" 

"Oh, that's right!" I exclaim. "But, there is still a few things I need to check on."

"Okay then. Well I'm going to go shower now" She states, getting out of bed as well. "You want to come join me? Maybe help me with some of the 'hard to reach areas' ?" She says suggestively.

"Not now. But let's save that attitude for later tonight."

"Alright Alex. But I'm still headed for the shower."

As Joselyn leaves for the shower, I begin to dress myself, donning a red shirt and black pants with a belt to match. "Simplicity is best" I say to myself. After dressing, I head downstairs to the front door at the end of the large hallway. I take my keys hung up right next to the door and head out, locking the door behind me. I look to my right and see my grey camaro parked in the driveway. Before I got in, I take one last look at my penthouse style hilltop home and smile. 

Chapter 2: Hush Hush

As I drive into the city, buildings begin to block my view of the sky, traffic becomes more plentiful and more people are appearing on the sidewalks. I take a deep breath...

"Ahhh... smells just like New York" I say to myself while exhaling.

I park in front of an inconspicuous little shop named "Sal's Pizza". I get out of my car and as I approach the front door, I noticed someone in rag like clothing, sitting out front. He was a human.  I walked over and talked to him. 

"Hey, buddy." I say to him.

"Yeah? What do you want?" 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing a furry like you needs to concern himself with." He says in a slightly angrier tone. I was slightly offended at that comment and could have easily verbally torn him a new ass, but he looks like he's been through enough hard times already.