Chapter 10

Pita grabbed me before I could reach her.

“Let go of me,” I yelled at him. His pants were still around his ankles. I was dangerously close to bumping into his joystick. “Put that thing away!”

“Settle down, Katlick. You’re gonna get us all voted out of here.”

He was right. Glimmer stuck her tongue out at me.

“We’ve seen some exciting action already,” Ryan Seacrest’s voice announced. “Winkie from District 6 was already eliminated in an early round of voting after a strong shut down from Katlick. It looks like Jack is getting ready for a three way in the canopy bed. And if I’m not mistaking, we got a cat fight underway to see who will stuff themselves with Pita.”

“Give me a break,” I muttered. Pita let go of me and I started to back away from him. That Glimmer slut could have him if she wanted.

“Holy Chicago!” Ryan screamed into the microphone. “Look at Rabbitfoot go.  She’s got that guy tied up like a pretzel. I’ve never seen a man cry like that before.”

“Pita,” Glimmer said. She was unzipping her dress in the back. “I want you to touch me.”

Pita’s eyes nearly popped out of his head. He licked his lips and grinned.

“What’s this fuckery?” Ryan Seacrest shouted. “We have an unauthorized player in the arena!”

Heyhey came running through the trees. He was naked and pounding on his chest like a crazy ape. The three of us froze and stared at him.

“You guys are killing me,” Heyhey said when he ran past me. I could tell he was drunk.

“What are you doing?” I cried out to him.

He passed Pita and tackled Glimmer to the ground. Heyhey was trying to rip her dress off.

“Honey,” he said. “I’m gonna get freaky with you. We’re gonna do things that haven’t been done since the 57th Humping Games.”

“Oh, you bad boy,” Glimmer giggled. She grabbed his face and shoved her tongue in his mouth.

“Pita?” I said.

“Huh?”

“Are we hallucinating?”

“I don’t think so,” he said.

My eyes fell to his waist and I gasped. He had a massive boner from watching Heyhey and Glimmer get in on.

“Pita! What the hell is wrong with you?”

He realized he was still half naked and quickly yanked his trousers back up.

A cannon sounded and then Heyhey and Glimmer disappeared. A picture of Glimmer appeared in the sky.

“We have a disqualification,” Ryan Seacrest proclaimed. “Glimmer from District 1 has been eliminated for humping a non-tribute.”

I smiled.

“He sacrificed himself for us,” Pita said. A tear trickled down his cheek.

“Get a grip,” I said. “He’s fine. He’s probably mixing himself another drink back at the City Center as we speak.”

“They didn’t tell you?” Pita asked.

“Tell me what?”

“For the 69th Humping Games, only the winner survives.”