Chapter Six

Here’s chapter six! Enjoy, my little piglets xx

...before I get to the bad thing, I want to remind you of one more memory I have of us. This is the strongest memory of have of the time before things got hard. It might not be perfect, in fact it’s far from it, but things were still innocent then. We were still good and truly believed nothing could ever come between us...

I stared into the mirror. A fifteen year old me stared back with wide doe eyes. My hair fell in soft ringlets over my shoulders which were covered by my white jumper. I didn’t apply much makeup but I doubted anyone would notice. I was going to my first house party that night. Well, my first real house party where hopefully I wasn’t as awkward as my previously twelve year-old self. Nevertheless, I was still nervous; I didn’t exactly have a good track record when it came to stuff like this.

                My worrying was interrupted by Cassidy’s demanding voice floating up the stairs. “Megan!” she called, “hurry up it’s getting late!” I checked the time to see that it was eight o’clock. With a sigh I grabbed my jacket and hurried down the stairs to meet her. We left my empty house, locking the door behind us, before heading down the street.

                Cassidy grinned at me before looping her arm through mine. “This is gonna be funnn,” she sang, “Aren’t you glad I dragged you out with me?”

                I grimaced before sarcastically agreeing that I was “Ecstatic.”

                She rolled her eyes, “Come on babe, it’ll be great. Trust me.”

                “Oh I’m sure you’ll have a great time,” I muttered.

                “And so will you,” she insisted, “It’s good you’re coming; if not for me than for Niall.” I couldn’t help but notice her wink.

                I narrowed my eyes at her, “Are you trying to say something?”

                Cassidy smiled cheekily, “All I’m saying is that if you think you and Niall are going to be nothing more than best friends for the rest of your lives, you’re lying to yourself. Eventually you’ll just admit you’re in love already and do something about it.”

                I stared at her as if she had three heads. “You’re crazy, you know that? I mean eww, me and Niall? I don’t even want to think about that, it’s just weird.”

                Cassidy threw her head back laughing before shaking her head, “Okay fine Megan, don’t think about it then...I was just saying...”

                I rolled my eyes and quickly changed the subject. We talked about something lighter for the remainder of the walk, which wasn’t too far. Before we knew it we were standing in front of Oliver Black’s house. He was two years older than us but we knew him pretty well from school. Still though, I didn’t think I knew him well enough to show up at his house.