Elementals- Ch. 3

• Dedicated to Sierra Renshaw- There isn't much difference from you and the cold blooded killer

Ch. 3

Lyra just starred at me. We were eye to eye; soon enough face to face. I leaned forward and she leaned back, and just the opposite. It stayed like that for minutes. Maybe even hours. Then the other three tumbled down the stairs crashing down at our feet.

"What is wrong with you Ripple?" Felicia asked. I didn't answer. I just stood still and silent. We all stood there glaring- at me. They tried to penetrate my mind and seep into my memories and thoughts. Even Lyra who didn't posses the power attempted to bore into me.

I exited the room unable to take them. I quickly climbed up the stairs. At the sixth level I turned abruptly towards the west wing. Soon coming to a softened lime green door. The white knob slowly turned in my hands. I passed through the entrance feeling a safe barrier come up between me and them.

I locked the door with a small silver key that hung on a dotted chain around my neck. It slipped in and twisted. I pulled it out and pushed it over my head. Then tucking it under my dress.

The room looked the same as always as I spun around. The desk had scattered papers all over spilling onto the floor. My bed was messily made looking as if someone had done it in a rush. On the walls were drawings of waves, streams, and droplets of rain. They were in white while the wall was a royal blue. The ceiling was a mint green. A seashell chandelier hung dropping down far into the center of the room. White spotlights provided all the light in the room. They were attached to the edges of the ceiling. Under them I had two rows of white shelves lining the walls. It was hard wood floor beneath my feet. It was a shade of light brown, almost white wood. Next to the bed was a small faux fur carpet. On the walls were abstract pictures and paintings of things having to do with rivers' and seas'. Most were shells, fish, creatures, and vegetation. The chest of draws was hidden in the corner. It swooped around in the corner to become like a right angle. On top of that I had painted the lyrics to my favorite songs- Mika Happy Ending, Erin Mccarley Love Save The Empty and Pony (It's Okay), and other songs most people would never know to save their life. Little speakers were hidden inside the walls, but for such a small size they made much noise. Last but not least was little remote sat on the metal bed stand. It was the key to all of my secrets'.

It only possessed three small buttons. Each button was color coded. The first opened up a secret room where I held belongings from her past life, and things that no one needed to see. The second opened a compartment that held a large, plain box. Inside the box were little slips of paper that had secrets scrawled on them. The last took her to a small chamber. It was completely empty of anything but air. Sometimes when you walked in you could here whispers, but not often.

The knob jiggled behind me. I was completely frozen. Their fists pounded on the door. Their voices demanded entrance. I denied it to them.

Lyra's POV.

"What just happened?" I whispered.

"Betrayal." Skylar answered.

We ran up after her. We could hear the pounding of her feet against the metal stairs. Ripple was far ahead. We wouldn't catch up in time. Somewhere the door slammed. The three of them lead me through a wide corridor. We stopped at a green door. Felicia tried to turn the knob, but it wouldn't budge.

"Locked it." Felicia muttered.

Their fists slammed against the door. I held back watching. All three were calling her rude names and such. Believe me they're strong because soon enough the door gave way falling flat on the ground. quickly they moved it a side and stormed in. I followed. Deep scowls covered their faces.

Ripple huddled in a corner. She sat on top of a chest. A small pool of light dripping from her fingertips. It fell to the ground like a waterfall. It was like pieces of gold and silver strung together. The lit cascaded down in a straight line, but never meeting the ground. Right before it would touch it would flow back up. I looked up into her green eyes shimmering from the specks. A delighted grin lite up Ripple's face. her black hair fell in small waves down to her mid back. She got up leaving a trail of golden dust behind her. Still as silent as ever she came to a halt before me.

"What is it?" I whispered to the others.

"My magic." Ripple laughed. "You won't find out anything by just standing here. So ask away."

"Y-you talked." We all stuttered.

"I'm not mute you idiots." She chuckled.

Theresa came up behind me. "What happened to you?" She questioned.

"I had a dream." Ripple replied.

"About what?" I asked.

Ripple starred at me with her mouth slightly open. "About murder. You killed someone Lyra, and you all watched."

"Who did I kill?" I interrogated.

"Me." Ripple whispered. The room fell into shock as she walked away yet again. I turned to stare at the broken door. She was already gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note-

This was really short. I'm setting goals for myself to write longer chapters. You'll find Ripple more involved than any other person. Sorry if there are typo's I type this up on my iPad or iPod touch usually. Then I'll come to the Mac to see how pages. I even post it from the iPad( right now ) or the iPod.

So I find it funny what this is evolving into. When I start a story I only have the idea for the first chapter. Then from there I just make it up as it goes along. This is starting to get intense. I'll start chapter four as soon as I can.

Remember COMMENT, FAN, VOTE, ETC... Tell other people about this too. Thx to everybody.