The Last Day: The Wonders Of High School

   "Do you guys really need that much baggage?"

   Melony and James stood side by side, piles of luggage hiding behind them.

   "What? I only brought what I needed," Melony had brought approximately 8 pink trunks with her.

   "Hey, I only have necessities too," James had brought 5 bags but they were bigger than Melony's by a few inches.

   I sighed and took a glance at Dylan who sat on the floor, immersed in his article and thankfully only had 1 brown, medium-sized trunk and a carry-on black bag with heavy books.

   "Listen, I only brought 1 plasma T.V, so-" Melony began.

   "Plasma T.V?" Aaron had come out of the shiny, pearl-white bathroom and now stood at the side of Mel's bed I was sitting atop.

   I shook my head sadly. "Mel, you do know we aren't taking an airplane, right?'

   "We aren't taking an airpla-" James looked disbelieving.

   "I know," Mel smiled sweetly. "I just wanted to keep up-to-date with fashion while we are on that 39 hours ride on the bus."

   "Bus?" James leaned against Mel's dresser. "Oh, this just gets better and better..."

   "Don't worry James," Aaron had a small smile playing at his lips. "Mel's father got us this bus, so you should expect fine-dining and 1st class service on this ride."

   James grinned in relief. "That's good, I was starting to think we'd be packed on a tiny bus with a stinky driver!"

   We all laughed and finished putting our luggage in a pile so that Mel's chauffeur could organize it in our transportation.

   A final and thorough planning and packing session had been planned at Mel's house and we all knew how big just her bedroom was.

   "I'm hungry," Mel whispered as she took a seat on the huge bed beside me.

   "Me too, we'll get some snacks," James pulled Dylan to his feet and they approached the door.

   "Raine, honey," Aaron spoke next to my ear. "Are you hungry as well?"

   "A little," I confessed quietly.

   "Alright, I'll be right back," he left the room. "Guys, wait up!" Aaron called to Dylan and James.

   Silence engulfed the room as the sound of Aaron's retreating footsteps disappeared.

   "Aw," Mel began hopping excitedly on the bed. "I'm so jealous!"

   "Huh?" I looked at her not understanding what she was saying. "What are you talking about?"

   "You and Aaron," she sighed, wantonly and laid her back on the bed. "Did you see the way he immediately headed for the kitchen as soon as you said you were hungry?"

  I raised an eyebrow. "Seriously, we're back on this topic again?" Mel had immediately noticed my and Aaron's close behavior as soon as she had joined our group.

   "But you guys look so cute together," she covered her head with a pillow. "If I had a really handsome guy like that with a great personality practically chasing after me, I would totally be in his arms right now!"

   "Hm, but I'm not that easy," I contradicted her. "And the relationship between me and Aaron isn't like that."

   "I just don't get you," she said quietly as she turned on to her stomach and rested her chin on her hands. She looked at me speculatively.