Chapter 45

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

An interesting discovery had been made. Not only had Jack, Nickolaus and Tiffani disappeared during the phase of the full moon, but many others who had gone missing throughout the world had done so during the very same period. 

The Nephilim had somehow managed to tap into something that was connected with the moon, creating an opening when it was full. 

And there would be a full moon that night. 

"I believe Calliope has erected the pyramid to coincide with the full moon this evening," said a very serious looking Michael. "She is going to open the floodgates to allow her brothers and sisters to come to the surface, this very night."

"We don't have much time," said Gabriel a little while later, putting on his winter coat and scarf, topping it off with a warm hat. "Do you really think your plan is going to work?" 

Michael smiled, "All we can do is try, Gabriel. And I wouldn't want a better bunch of people working on it." 

"Are you ready, everyone?" he asked as they all gathered in the living room, those that would feel the cold, wrapping themselves up. 

"I still can't believe we're going to actually do this," whispered Lilly to December as they hooked arms and walked outside. 

"I think it's the right thing to do, hon. Don't worry, they'll understand, given the circumstances," she replied with a slight tilt of her head.

Powell River Community Centre was full of every woman in town, old and young. They all sat waiting, whispering among themselves. 

When Gabriel took to the front, standing on a pedestal, they all gasped and began talking loudly. 

"But... but Gabriel. How are you here? All the other men have been taken by that woman," shouted Janice Harbinger, the owner of Harbinger's Drug Store. 

"Now, now, calm down everyone. Please. All in good time. We are here to sort out, for once and for all, that woman who is known as Calliope." 

There were more cries of disgust at the mere mention of the name. 

"Calliope has put a kind of spell on the menfolk of this town," he said before he was interrupted again. 

"But you're here... what's going on Gabriel?" 

"Yeah, what's going on?" 

"Why are you here?" 

"A spell? Whatever are you talking about?" 

Gabriel lifted his arms, trying to quieten down the angry mob. 

"Please, ladies. Let me speak...." 

But they just wouldn't sit quietly and so the Elders had no choice. 

Moira stepped forward, along with two other witches, and began to whisper a few words: 

"Ladies of Powell River. Sit still, be quiet, listen. For the safety of this town, you must sit still, be quiet, listen. Ladies of Powell River. Sit still, be quiet, listen. For the safety of this town, you must sit still, be quiet, listen." 

Silence spread throughout the centre as Gabriel turned and thanked the three witches before turning to face the women. He watched as the expressions on their faces turned from shock to fear. 

"Please do not fear these women, they have just gotten you to quieten down so I may tell you the truth. And.. I'm sorry to add, the truth is a painful one, a shocking one and for some, possibly just downright unbelievable, but I ask you, for the sake of the menfolk of this town, our friends and families, I ask you to be open minded," he said loudly as his eyes scoured the room and once he was happy they were all with him, he began.