Chapter 4: Ooo' La La Paris! (Nathan's P.O.V.)

As Alice and I fall asleep, our dreams become one combined dream which seems foggy. Alice is laying down in a bed and Lizzie is telling her that it will be okay.

"Lizzie, what's wrong with Alice?! Is she okay?!" I ask freaked out.

Lizzie laughs and says, "Nathan, has Alice eaten anything the past week?"

"No and it's freaking me out!"

"And suddenly, she appears dead to you?"

"Yes! She looks dead but I know she isn't! My heart still knows she's alive."

"I know what's going on." Lizzie says smiling

"What?! I want to know!" I say. Suddenly, a baby crying runs through my ears and another connection in my heart is formed like the connection I have with Alice.

I wake up the same time as Alice and we both smile at each other knowing who that baby was.

"Good morning beautiful." I say as I kiss Alice

"Morning" she says back smiling as she gets up then checks her iPhone she manifested. "Uh oh, my mom found out I didn't sleep at home." 

"Just say that you were so distraught about the news that you didn't know how to handle it and you went to Lizzie for help."

"I guess that would work if she weren't captured."

"Oh, then ask May to cover for you, saying you slept over there."

"I guess that works," Alice says calling May and puts it on speaker. 

"Hello?" May answers as if she's surprised Alice contacted her at all.

"Hey Bestie! I need you to cover for me. You see, I just found out I'm moving to Colorado and I was kind of down in the dumps, so I ran away from home. Can you cover and say I spent the night over there?"

"And why would I do that? You and Lizzie never call anymore and you've been keeping secrets from me! What makes you think that I'd be there for you?"

"Because you've been my best friend since the fifth grade May! And if you really wanted to talk to me, you could've just called. I don't need to call you every second of the day to show I care!"

"Okay, fine. What about the secrets you've been keeping from me?"

"Those are very personal!" 

"Yet you don't seem to have a problem telling Lizzie or Nathan!"

"They're having the same types of problems I am, and I'm not allowed to tell you because that'd be revealing their secrets as well!"

"Well then, I guess I can't help you with your problems if I can't know what's going on. Bye," May says as she hangs up. Alice locks her iPhone and rolls her eyes.

"May really has changed since the fifth grade. I can't believe she would do that." Alice says as she looks down.

"Hey, it's okay. Obviously she wasn't a true friend." I say to cheer her up. 

"Yea, all well at least I have you and Lizzie." Alice says feeling a little bit better. I smile at her and get an awesome idea. 

"Hold my hand." I say as I hold my hand out. Alice takes my hand and I motion for her to close her eyes. We both close our eyes and as we open them, the Eiffel Tower stares back down at us.

"Nathan, are we in Paris?" Alice asks smiling, holding my hand tighter as she looks at the Eiffel Tower in aww.

"Yes Alice, we sure are." I say smiling as I walk around, looking at the shops we pass by. "Anything you want to do while we're here?" 

"I've always wanted to go up the Eiffel Tower." Alice says smiling widely. I smile then walk her up there. Alice looks down at the view and smiles, "This view's so amazing! I love it here!" 

"And I lovez you." I say back smiling as I cuddle her from behind. She blushes majorly and kisses me on the cheek.

"Lovez you too, Nathan."

"Aw, a love fest! How adorable." Trevor's voice calls from behind us.

"What do you want?" I ask getting in front of Alice to protect her even if I am weaker than her.

"Just wanted to give you two your first task in order to get Lizzie back." Trevor says smiling evily.

"What's this stupid quest of yours?!" Alice says madly, glaring at Trevor. 

 "Well, we need some ingredients for a new potion we're working on. If you give us the ingredients, we free Lizzie." 

"Are you crazy?! Just one simple task?! That's all?! I mean, you made it sound like so much more! This seems like a trick! I refus..." I start off saying out of anger, acting to make Trevor feel like his plan was going smoothly.

"Okay. We'll get these ingredients you asked for as long as I get Lizzie back. Where do we go to get them and what do we need to get?" Alice asks.

"A lava rock, 2 drops of water from the Lotus Cave, 3 Sea Diamond Fish, and a whale's heart; they're all found over the Magic Waters."

"Alright, that seems somewhat easier than what I had in mind." Alice says, looking at Trevor acting like she was suspicious.

"Actually Alice, I just gave you the hardest quest ever. The potion is very rare to make since the ingredients are so hard to find. Some even end up dead. I bid you all good luck finding these items." Trevor says smiling evily. 

"You won't get away with this!" I yell madly, and Alice just holds my hand to calm me down,

"I think I just did." Trevor says snickering as he vanishes, teleporting somewhere else. Nathan and Alice look at each other wondering where he went then Alice smiles at me, her green diamond eyes piercing through my soul. 

 "You did good in acting like you're resisiting the plan." Alice says chuckling. I smile then get a sudden thought. What if Jarad leads us down the wrong path and makes us regret believing him? What if he's lying to our face as part of the plan, and is planning on killing us on some island along the Magic Waters? I look at Alice and smile, not wanting to tell her what I thought was going to happen for the sake of her arguing with me and telling me the words "everything will be just fine". Well, I guess let her think everything's going to be just fine to keep her happy and if the greedies interfere with us, I'll attack along with my army. My army... my puny, weak supernatural army who won't stand a chance against two hundred other midnights. And if we were to recruit other midnights, the odd will be that they're spies of Trevor's army and will lead us to death. I guess, the best we can do is gather up as many supernaturals at my school and hope we make it out alive. Until then, I'll think of a Plan B... A Plan B to survive just incase Plan A fails.