Elementals- Ch. 2

Ch.2

Ripple’s POV. 

Sirens blared in the background. red lights began flashing from the towers. The search was on for Lyra. Even if the queen and king never loved her, never would, they wanted a heir. Lyra was their only child. Their only chance of keeping the kingdom.

   I woke up here the horns. Sweat covered every inch off my body. I was shaking all over. The dream seemed so real...

-----

I sat on the throne looking down on everybody. They glared up and slowly drew out knives from beneath their cloaks. Each dagger was covered in dried up, deep red blood. In seconds I was surrounded, and each was hissing words I couldn’t understand. 

In the back nine navy blue hooded people stood. each revealed their heads at the same moment. Four were recognizable. 

   Most of all Lyra stood out. She was in the center with a golden  crown propped on her head. Lyra’s green eyes’ had gone black. I met her gaze and soon fell to the ground. I dared look up and they were gone; all the killers. Theresa, Skylar, and Felicia stepped forward. Enclosed  behind them were three men, and two women. Where was Lyra?

“Right here.” She hissed.

“W-wha-what’s happening?” I stuttered

“You deserted us.” She spat. “You are dead.”

“I didn’t do anything.”I screeched. I shuddered thinking of so many things they were accusing me of.

“You tried to kill us, the Darins.” Lyra howled.

“You’re the sixth?” I questioned. “These are the others.” I said motioning to the five hiding behind their shield of the three elementals.

“What do you think!” She roared. “You knew the whole time. You kept the secret. You are the reason I almost died living in that cursed mansion.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” I whimpered. A knife plunged into me and the light began to fade. Slowly i was enveloped into a swirl of mixing colors. I felt myself fall deep into the land I didn’t belong in, but that devil did.

-----

I had been killed by her in cold blooded, mean spirited way. I was framed for things in the future. Maybe it was best I kept quit.

Slowly, but steadily i got up and walked to the door. It squeaked open and ran down the corridor. Tears spilled out of my eye’s. I had to forget this just like what happened before I came here. I was going there. I jumped into the cool river and swam away. I had to see John, and just hoping he was the way I left him. Unchanged by the people he was left with.

Lyra’s POV.

I splashed some cold water on my face and thought of Ripple. She had been gone. The other’s said something had been upsetting her again, but they didn’t know. Everybody had been quiet since her disappearance. They all were cooped up their rooms. So what was the point of staying for me when there was nothing? It was an escape, but they still said to go. 

“Where did you go Ripple?” I whispered. 

The thought bothered me. The last time I had seen her she was practically hiding in the shadows. Was there something wrong with me?

Ripple’s POV.

I stepped into the graveyard. There stood John hunched over his mother’s burial stone. I hadn’t known this until today.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered walking up behind him.

“No your not!” John hissed. A shocked expression came over my face ad i heard him speak. “You would’ve been here for us. You left the day before. You never contacted me. I thought you had died. Then months later you sent a letter saying it would be hard for us to talk, and that you might not be able to see me again. So why? Ripple what are you now?”

I broke down in tears thinking of him before. I couldn’t hold in my hurt feelings anymore. I hadn’t chosen this life, and I didn’t want it. It wasn’t like the others were the best people to live with either. 

“What happened when you left Ripple?” John asked while embracing me in a hug.

“A lot.” I whispered

“Tell me?” He questioned. So I spilled all to  him. Every moment was told in excruciating detail. “Wow” He breathed out in the end. He had listened patiently to everything.

“Yea.” I chuckled. We both broke out in a laughing fit.

“So what are elementals?” John questioned.

I took a deep breath. “Elementals are spirits of the earth. We take care of everything like mother nature. Except she doesn’t exist. The older versions of us were Gnomes, Sylphs, Salamanders, and Undines. We are the fifth generation to be close to humans.We can’t avoid the inevitable though. We aren’t like you. We can be kind or evil, but we can’t chose much. We will never change in how we look. We used to be known as the wicked witches. You see we don’t die easily. We die by choice, or our own kind will kind us. There is only one exception to that and that would be the only thing higher than us in the mythical creature scale. No not vampires. They were created after us, and  so we go in order of how we were created or born. Only the Darins are above us. they are the most powerful humans, but they are discreet. We have no idea who they are yet. They are yet to be discovered, but the uprising is coming soon. You will have never heard of them before though. Only  we know of them, the elementals plus you.” I smiled at the last bit. “Now you know some, but not all. Maybe I’ll sneak back here another time to tell you. I have to go.”

“Not yet.” He murmured.

“No now. I’ll be back soon.” With that I fled away. I dove into the water gracefully trailing over where I had last been. 

***

“You’re back!” Screamed Lyra.

“Yea...” I murmured. More like ‘Hey future killer.’

Author's Note:

Okay Elementals are real things, but Darins aren't. obviously I made them up. If you want to knowmore about Elementals follow this link : http://www.controverscial.com/Elements%20and%20Elementals.htm

Sorry if you don't like my choice of song. I don't have much to. Anyway thx!!! Thx to everybody who's been so nice with their comments! Thx and Bye.