Chapter 22

Last time:

I buried my face in his fur, breathing in the scent as familiar to me as my own.

"Liam."

------------------------------------------------------

Energy ripped through the air and suddenly, I was the one being held. "Baby girl, I've been looking for you." I could hear his deep timbre in my ear.

"I thought I would never see you again," I cried and looking into his deep blue eyes. Then I heard a cough and I turned to see a fuming Alec. His eyes burned angrily as he saw me wrapped around my brother.

I quickly stepped away and said, "We need some introductions."

"Alec, this is my brother, Liam. Liam, this is my...." I hesitated, before taking a deep breath and saying, "mate."

Liam suddenly decided that Alec was of real interest and stared at him with squinted eyes. Alec quickly returning the favor.

I was interrupted from my silent scolding to the two of them when the forgotten reddish wolf bounded over to my brother's side. "Who is she?" Alec asked in a harsh voice.

Liam looked over to the wolf with a loving gaze. "I'm sorry, this is my mate, Juliet."

The wolf then turned into a beautiful girl with brown hair and blue eyes. She looked up at Liam with wide eyes and then smiled. She turned to me. "Hi, it's great to meet you. Liam has said the nicest things."

She then turned to Alec and the others. Her face blanched and her eyes went wide with fear. She took a step back and leaned into her mate. I looked at her puzzled.

Why is she afraid of Alec?

--------------------------------------------------------

We went back to our apartment after saying good bye to Henry and Lina, they knew that it was a private family matter. I was excited to see Liam but also a little worried. Why was he here. Was something bad going on at home?

I sat on the couch with Alec's arm around my shoulders. His presence steadied me and kept me grounded. This mate thing was getting easier everyday.

Liam sat across from us on the chair, with Juliet on his lap.

"Why did you come here." I asked.

Liam looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "Why would you say that?"

I looked at him funny. "Well, I was the one that was exiled, you didn't need to leave mom and dad, you could have stayed."

"Mom and dad should have come after you too, I couldn't let you leave all alone, for something you had no control over. " Alec, squeezed my hand. "Hold up, I'm lost. Why were you exiled?" Alec asked.

I suddenly found the floorboards very intereasting. The room seemed to hold it's breath before I looked up again.

Blowing out through my nose, I looked at my mate. "After my mate... died, I lived. But my wolf she went a little koo-koo. She wanted to die, made me want it too. We threw ourselves of the bridge that he went off. When the pack saved us, she took it into her own hands. She thought if we did something horrible, then the pack would execute us."

Alec's eyes burned as he pulled me into his lap. His arms tightened around my waist, and he put his face in my hair.

"I killed... I killed a little girl, the Alpha's daughter. She thought, maybe that it would get the pack to kill us. They obviously didn't, though. They exiled us."