Chapter 1

"Hey p-pretty little... lady," a drunken man slurred. I ignored him like I usually do to the intoxicated men here at Rico's Amigos, the local bar. As much as I despised this place, it was the only job opening left out there.

Making my way towards the other customer across the room, I felt someone pulling me by the elbow from behind. Almost losing my balance, I turned around and saw the drunk guy looming over me.

With his face only mere inches away, I couldn't help but look at his features more closely. The man had black disheveled hair with blood shot eyes. His clothes - that looked neater when he had came in - had beer stains scattered across from it, with the hemline no longer tucked in.

"I was talking to you," the man complained, tightening his grip on my arm. "You shouldn't walk away when I'm talking to you."

I yanked my arm away from his grasp, "And you should shut the hell up and don't you dare touch me!"

"Why so... so feisty?" he stumbled and then slowly reached out for me again with a wry smile on his face. "It's okay, I like 'em rough."

He started dragging me out the door, his hold on me like steel as I tried to pull away. I scanned the bar for Logan, the security guard here and felt relieved once I caught a glimpse of him in the corner. But that soon disappeared when I saw that he had himself wrapped around a blonde girl, kissing the daylights out of her. Typical Logan.

"Logan!" I tried calling, but he didn't even take a glance at me. The loud chatter of drunk men and deafening music didn't help either.

We were nearing the exit and I felt my temper rapidly rising. He messed with the wrong person tonight. I almost smiled to myself once I remembered the empty beer bottle in my hand. Raising the bottle into the air, I swung it onto his head. The glass shattered once it made contact and the guy immediately released his grip on me.

"Ugh! What's your problem you crazy bitch!" shouted the man, cupping his head that currently had pieces of glass glimmering in his hair.

"Well you apparently," I responded and stormed out back feeling a bit pleased.

I turned slightly to see if the guy left and felt reassured when he wasn't there anymore. The feeling soon vanished when I realized what I had just done and was replaced with complete and utter dread.

This is bad. I really hope nobody saw what just happened. It's not like I hit the bottle that hard, only hard enough for the glass to break obviously. But my temper is what got me fired in all of my previous jobs and after I splashed beer on a guys face a couple days ago, Pablo said that was my only warning. With this stunt that I just did I could possibly get fired.

I walked through the employee's door and someone snatched my hand stopping me. What is it with people these days? I turned around and realized that it was in fact Pablo Rodriguez - Rico's son and current store owner. Ah shit.

"What was that back there?!" Pablo demanded his face a going a shade of red I thought could only be shown in cartoons.

"Um self defense?" Crap. Crap. Crap.

"Violet," he said rubbing his temples, "we do not hit people with beer bottles whatsoever!"

"But I had to! He was draggi-"

"No you didn't! Violet there are security here, they would have helped you if they saw something," he interjected. If only he knew what the 'security' was really focused on. But I couldn't do that to Logan; he was the only nice person I met in this place for the few days I've been working here. "And he could have gotten a serious injury and go to the hospital, in which we might have to pay the bill for or even worse, get sued!"