Chapter One

Glancing at my alarm clock, the big red letters said 7am. I have one hour until I have to leave for school. So I got out of my bed and walked towards the bathroom to brush my teeth. After brushing my teeth I stripped off all my clothes and walked into my large hot shower.

Ten minutes later I was finished, feeling very awake and refreshed. I walked back into my bedroom and opened up my large closet doors. I took out a black crop top; a pair of black and white high waisted shorts, black and white snapback and black vans. I finished off my look by straitening my long brown hair and applying some mascara, eyeliner and lip-gloss to my face. I grabbed my bag off my bed and ran downstairs to make some toast.

I sat down at the table and as I ate I couldn't help about think about my mother. I wish she was here; simple things like making my own breakfast remind me of her. I miss her so much; I am only eighteen and live in this large house all by myself. My Mother and Father should be here with me. Not to brag but my house is very large. It has twelve large bedrooms with a bathroom accompanying each. There is two large living areas, large kitchen and a sophisticated dining room that is rarely used. My favourite thing about living here alone is the fact that I get unlimited use of the underground cinema, swimming pool with hotub and personal gym. This house just makes me feel lonely. My mother was killed by an enemy pack called 'The Fireball Pack' when I was fifteen years old. My dad lives in the main pack house since he is the alpha, so I am always alone.

I finished with my breakfast, grabbed my car keys and bag, making my way out the door. As I was locking my front door I heard shouting coming from down the street, I turned around and saw two boys from my pack, Luke and Sawyer. They were shouting at each other both looking seconds away from attacking each other. I ran towards them.

"What the hell is going on?" I shouted at them as I stepped in between them.

"Nothing, it is fine Mia." Luke said as he stepped away from Sawyer.

"Doesn't look fine you idiots, you both could have shifted any second, your wolves were about to take over. Think before you act, idiots." My Alpha voice seeping through making them shift under my gaze. "But hey! On a more serious note, do either of you need a lift to school?" I smiled innocently act them.

"Yeah I do, Luke has got his own car." Sawyer said quickly while throwing Luke a dirty look.

"Fine then, let's go. See you at school Luke." I waved at him. I made my way towards my White Range Rover Sport with Sawyer trailing behind me. Jumping in the driver's seat, Sawyer followed suit jumping in the passenger's seat.

"I love this car!" laughing at himself, he stroked the black leather seat.

I smiled at his child like behaviour "Yeah, it is amazing." I replied.

We sat in a comfortable silence while driving to school but I broke it when we pulled into the car park "I cannot believe we are in our last year of school now. One more year and it will be over!" I couldn't stop the excitement pouring through my voice.

"I know! I hope this year goes fast. It would be awesome if you would spend it at the pack house." I felt Sawyer's eye burn into the side of my head.

"That house is too small for a pack as large as ours. There is only seven bedrooms for damn sake." I grabbed my bag and jumped out of the car with Sawyer following behind me. I locked my car and placed the keys in my bag.

"Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!" he paused and gave me a small smile "I have to go to my locker before class; I'll see you at lunch." He gave me a side hug and walked away.

I walked to my locker; the hallways were always so damn crowded. People everywhere, I had to push through ruddily to reach my locker. I put my combination into my locker and retrieved my books, putting them in my bag. Someone jumped on my back; I turned around to see my best friend Adriana. The caramel highlights stood out in her brown hair and her brown eyes shone with excitement.

"Where have you been? I have been waiting here for so long." She gives me a hug and opens her locker.

"I caught Luke and Sawyer fighting, so being the very responsible woman I am..." I smirked at her, showing my sarcasm, "I had to break them up and give Sawyer a lift here." I smiled at her. Adriana doesn't know about me being a werewolf. Although I have known Adriana since I was twelve years old, I have never found the right time to tell her.

"Oh..." she tried to sound interested but I knew she couldn't care less.

"Let's go to first lesson. What do you have first period?" She closed her locker and we started to walk.

"English. You? Ive got Mr Baker." I liked Mr Baker, he is in his thirties and we are good friends.

"Me too" she said. We chatted as we walked down the hallway. She was telling me about a book she is reading about Vampires and Werewolves and how she wishes they really did exist. I couldn't help but laugh at her.

We were a couple of minutes late when we walked into the English classroom, everyone turned to look at us. I locked eyes with someone; I didn't know who he was. I suspect that he is new and all the girls were standing around him, flirting. Jealousy swished over me.

No. No. No. No way.

Thank god Mr Baker wasn't in class yet.

I followed Adriana to the back of the classroom and sat down. I couldn't get over what just happened, how could this happen to me? I never wanted this to happen.

"Mia!" Adriana whisper-shouted at me and snapped me out of my thoughts. "That guy over there won't stop looking at you!" she pointed to the guy I locked eyes with a few seconds ago. As he saw me looking at him, he got out of his chair and started walking towards me. I started to panic and I think Adriana noticed because she was asking me what was wrong, but I couldn't answer.

"Hey, my name is Damon. It's nice to finally meet you after all this time." He said as he stood in front of me.

"Umm ye-ah, my name is Mia." I smiled politely back.

"Wait, after all this time?" Adriana questioned him.

"She's my mate." He replied before I could interrupt.

"No Adriana, do not listen to him, he is lying. For fuck sake Damon or whatever your name is, can't you just keep your mouth shut!" and with that I grabbed my stuff and left the classroom before Mr Baker arrived.

Hearing footsteps behind me, someone pulled on my wrist. I turned around and thank the lord it was only Adriana.

"Why did you get so mad? All he said was that you're his mate. I'm your mate aswell Mia." She looked confused.

It was time that I finally told Adriana, since shit was about to get serious with Damon being around, unwanted.

"Not that kind of mate Adriana, the kind of mate from the book you are reading. I am so sorry Adriana." I kept my eyes on the floor, not wanting to look her in the eyes.

"You are a werewolf?" She stuttered.

_________________