Ch. 04 (PG-13, D): A Busy Christmas Eve Day

"A Magnificent Love", Ch. 04 (PG-13, D): A Busy Christmas Eve Day, December 26, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace

(an original story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace; All rights reserved) [(1) story logo, top right]

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story with my dream cast of: Richard Armitage for Richard Thorne, Sigourney Weaver for Richard's mother Elise Thorne, Jennifer Jason Leigh for Edith Thorne Burke, Haley Atwell for Christina Gilcrist, James Slattery for Frederick Burke, Harrison Ford for Prof. Percy Gilcrist, Franco Nero for Count Victor Renaldi, and others]

Author's Mature Content Note: "A Magnificent Love" is story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships. Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer.

Author's recap from the previous chapter: After arriving home from work in Chicago the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 23rd, Christina cajoled her elderly father to eating some of the takeout dinner she had brought home with her. They no longer have a cook and she wants to make certain that her father eats a little something. Since her Mother Meghan Meg Gilcrist died a few years ago, Christina's Daddy--as she calls him--has not had much appetite for life. And though he reveals that he is working on a new book review of a favorite work receiving a new edit, he disdains receiving pay for that review. So it falls to Christina--his Chrissy--to earn the funds they need for their day to day living. And though their mansion badly needs a new water heater sothey may take even warm showers again, her father is more intrigued by his daughter's exchange with the Thorne heir, Richard Thorne. However, the next day--Christmas Eve Day--will not prove to be entirely constructive on that front.

"A Magnificent Love", Ch. 4 (PG-13, D): A Busy Christmas Eve Day

Taking her daughter Edie into her confidence about Richard's potential new lady friend--a Sales Associate acquaintance at Barnette Chicago named Christina Gilcrist--Elise Thorne does what any self respecting mother does, check out the lady in question. With her daughter Edie joining her--along with her unsuspecting10 year oldgranddaughter Elisa--Elise Thorne walks into Barnette Chicago on the Wednesday morning of December 24th, Christmas Eve day. Elise is dressed in a bold blood red upscale ladies suit with a turtle neck encasing her womanly curves under her jacket. While her daughter Edie is wearing a black coat dress with a patterned deep red white and green silk scarf. And the ten year old Elisa is wearing a deep burgundy corduroy jumper over a cream colored blouse with a peter pan collar and butter soft dark brown leather mary jane style shoes. Style thy names are Thorne and Burke!

Barnette Chicago will only be open until 4:00pm today--to allow their employees time to get to their own family activities this evening, as well as allowing last minute shoppers to make their purchases. But for Elise Thorne, it will be time enough. Hurrying out to the sales floor, Barnette Chicago Director Barnard Kline cordially greets Elise and her party.

Mr. Kline: "Mrs. Thorne and Mrs. Burke! This is a pleasure to see you at the holidays. I am the Barnette Chicago Director, Barnard Kline. May we assist you in purchasing a gift for someone? Or perhaps, for yourselves?" He nods at both women and the young girl with them.

Elise: Eyeing the well dressed and rather effusive gentleman in front of her, Elise gestures to her daughter and granddaughter. "Yes. And since one of the person's receiving a gift is my young granddaughter here, please recommend your youngest Sales Associate to me. We want someone who can relate to her." Elise is well aware that Christina Gilcrist is probably the youngest Sales Associate, hence her reasoning to the Director.