The Path Chosen...

"...We are moving towards lockdown...so new strict measures must be taken which include shutting down non-essential business like restaurants, café, gyms and malls and and sending a majority of government workers home. Outdoor gatherings are limited to 5 or fewer people".
He looked cross-eyed to the spectators from his gold-rimmed spectacles, kept the paper aside from which he was reading the newly-made laws, and spread his hands over the dais. "Extra precaution must be taken...wash your hands every time for at least twenty seconds...if you are sneezing, you must not do that in the open air, you must wear mask...make sure  STAY AT HOME!".
The Prime Minister sat gloomily back in his chair, wiping his forehead  with beads of perspiration rolling his temples. It seemed as if he had been talking for a couple of hours. He sat there with the expression of mingled confusion and despair. He took a deep breath, furnished his lungs with oxygen, took a small sip of mineral water, and then stood up again on the podium.
"My dear Pakistanis, I say this to make sure you cooperate with me against this fatal disease...which you already know has taken away many lives in foreign countries all across the globe...we are trying our level best to fight off and save you from this lethal widespread epidemic—'Corona Virus'. That's why everyone sitting here or listening to me on the TV or anywhere, must take safety measures to protect himself as well as the country", he raised his both fists in the air, "Stay home. Save lives. Save Pakistan. Long live Pakistan." And then he was greeted with gentle but concerned applause and clappings.
***
Eyes fixed upon the TV, wearing a terrified expression, he stood up, switched the television off, and collapsed onto his fourposter bed, looking at the flowery canopy of the bed. With heart pounding, brain racing,  a train of confusing thoughts began to pace inside his mind. "A virus will go inhaled in lungs and surely death is awaiting us...it means its more hazardous than carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide or anything" thought Hamza.
He involuntarily lashed a forceful kick to the sack of walnuts which his father (whom he called Baba) had brought from the village. As he hit, it made a loud thud and a large hole appeared and walnuts began to tumble down.
"What mess I've made!", he murmured.
Then at the threshold stood his brother (whom he called Bhaiya), gazing at him with intense curiosity, giving him a familiar nod, which meant that nothing bad was going to happen—he, Hamza wouldn't get beating or be complained to mother (Ammi Jan) for tearing it. But Hamza anticipated that his mother would come hurtling down from the kitchen, "what on Earth are you planning to do, you naughty boy", and would strike him with the kitchen's steel spatula. His eldest brother, Mufti Zahid was a good-natured and pious man who spent most of his evening time either in mosque in glorifying or taking his second-youngest brother to the walk, Ahmed, who was deaf and dumb, and most sadly, also handicapped from his right hand. He beckoned Hamza with his index finger to follow him in his wake. And then they both climbed the concrete spiral staircase to reach the roof of the house.
As he reached the topmost staircase, he saw that there were dozen kites flying in the cloudy sky. All the kites were of different colours and flew hither and thither, as if cutting the puffy clouds. They sat down on the charpai, and Mufti Zahid took a deep breath, looking at the sun which stood at right angles, pondering something. Then he began to stroke Hamza's crew cut, which as a school-rule, he was compelled to get cut in that military hairstyle.
"Are you angry? What made you kick that walnut-sack? Is there anything all right?" He looked at his brother who was intently watching the kites, somewhat lost in daydreaming.
Suddenly he looked at him, "Oh no. No, no. Angry? me? No I am not! It was a sort of..." He babbled and paused, rubbing his temple " Hmm...Go on...what was it?", he helped, trying to make an eye-contact "It was...I mean I was afraid. Afraid of this...this lethal outbreak of this corona v....".
"— Oh right. I got it. You mean this fatal disease nowadays...because of which many people died, right. What are you actually afraid of?"
"I thought...Err...like...I mean we will also die if it continues..." Mufti Zahid felt a surge of adrenaline billowed in his body. "How childish thoughts, oh my God", he wondered.
"See Hamza, let me make it plain for you, let me explain you what you ought to bear in mind."
He looked upwards at the kites, focusing on something which Hamza couldn't make out. Then he exclaimed, in a rather imperial tone "Our religion Isalm is the perfect code of life! The meaning of life has been defined clearly for us in this beautiful religion. Which we all consider to be perfect for the mankind. As a Muslim, we all believe in the Oneness of Allah, we thank him for bestowing us with his mercies, and most important of all, the countless breath that we take in a minute which helps us survive", while Hamza thought of CO² and O² inhaling and exhaling, lungs, the aorta carrying deoxygenated blood to the left ventricle of the heart, "we seek his refuge from the evils, and he is the protector of all the living being. Since we all trust in Allah, we...."
"Wait-wait-wait-wait! What exactly do you mean by 'trust in Allah'?" Hamza cut in.
"By 'trust in Allah', I mean that we must have the strongest faith in him that whatever happens is with the will of the Almighty, every good and bad, all the misfortunes, the calamities, and blessings and mercies are indeed from Allah. And indeed when Allah gives his blessings or brings bad times to his humankind, he tests them that how much grateful or likewise patient they are. And when Allah's creation doesn't adhere to his Commands, despite bestowed blessings, and go astray in ecstasy, Allah brings catastrophes which sometimes are in the shape of plagues, coronavirus-like diseases and cataclysms ect....there is one thing which is similar to 'trust in Allah' and  that is 'patience'.
Patience (sbr) is a great virtue in Islam that encompasses perseverance, forbearance, endurance, diligence, stubbornness, and restrain. It is a characteristic of enlightenments that develops only  in the hearts of a believer, those who are the closest to Allah. The strong Muslim wouldn't despair", he was distracted by two boys standing on the roof of the adjoining building. One of them was having a shred of mirror, reflecting the sunlight onto Mufti Zahid's face, giggling, but he ignored. "and never lose hope if they are facing hard times which comes to everyone. Like the situation nowadays, never go pondering that this disease will finish you...if one has unshaken faith in Allah and is a true believer, surely he wouldn't fear anything that acts like hinderence in his way, stopping him from his Rabb. Yes, you must take precautionary measures to ensure safety."
He continued,"As the news nowadays says that people must wash hands, body, and be neat and clean. This is what Islam says, You make ablution (Wudhu) before perform salah which certainly is the washing of your body. So perform salah five times a day, pray to Allah to end this epedimic. Simple. Hamza, in school you won't be taught how to think logically, and how to observe things with the 'glasess of religion'.  You are taught english, biology, chemistry, physics, but not how to built your mentality which is why we are planning to admit you in a 'Maders' where you will be built morally as well as intellectually."
"While you are at home due to lockdown, this is the great opportunity to serve Ammi and Abbu, reciting the Qur'an, and what is more, you can prepare for the admission in 'Jamia Baitussalam link Road, Karachi', right? Pray five times salah, make dua to Allah, and there is no corona virus. Don't be tensed, my boy, okayyy?"
"Yes, inshallah, from now onwards I will perform Salah, I will make supplications  to Allah. Yes I will become the best. Errr...now can I go to go and play with my friends?", he forced a humble smile and began to jump out of enthusiasm. Mufti Zahi's lips widened, a smile curled and he nodded. " But don't be late for Zher salah!". But Hamza was gone...