|eikosiduo|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

Hades growled, grabbing her forearm again and hissed, “Do not walk away from me! We are not done.”

Ariel glared at him, shrugging his hand off her arm and said, “I think we are. Like I said before, your kiss with Persephone shows that you still have feelings for her. I’m not going to stand in the way of that. I just wish that you wouldn’t have gotten involved with me because now I’m the one that ends up hurt.”

“Ariel,” he sighed, rubbing his temples tiredly, “can you please explain to me what you’re talking about? I am genuinely confused.”

She stared at him, her green eyes scrutinizing his face for a sign of a lie, but she felt her heart dropping when she saw none. She cleared her throat, lowering her voice to a whisper and said, “My birthday. The day of my birthday you told me to get ready, that you were going to get breakfast for me and that when I finished to go to the dining room.”

He nodded, gritting his teeth as he watched her eyes grow watery and clenched his teeth. She clearly didn’t want him to touch her, but watching her eyes flash with pain made him want to comfort her. To wipe away the hurt that she felt.

“So,” she sniffled, trying to keep her voice steady and not cry over her pathetic heart, “I did. I did what you asked me.” Ariel gritted her teeth, feeling her nose burning with tears and hissed, “And then I saw you making out with Persephone. I stood there waiting for a damn explanation, but do you know what you did?!”

Hades stood quiet, waiting for her to finish.

“You looked at me.” She pointed to her chest, making a thudding noise when her finger came into contact with it, “at me, Hades. You just stood there, smirked and went back to kissing that,” she scrounged her nose up in disgust and spat, “that wench!”

“Ariel,” He whispered, raising his hand to touch her, but she shook her head and stepped away from him.

She shrugged, taking a deep breath to try and compose herself and cleared her throat. “There you go. Does this ring any bells now?”

The god shook his head and stared at her with pleading eyes. “Ariel, I would never do anything like that to you.”

She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest and said, “What are you saying? That I imagined the whole thing?”

“No-”

“-can we just drop it? I told you, I don’t care what you do with your life. Really, I understand. Persephone came before me and even though she’s an idiot, you still love her. It’s okay, just please leave me alone.”

“Ariel-”

“Hades!” Poseidon called him over, “We’re lighting the torch now, you need to come.”

The agitated god turned to her and opened his mouth to beg her to listen to him, but she forced out a smile and motioned for him to follow his brother. “I swear, Ariel,” he rushed out, “I didn’t do what you think I did.”

She sighed, tucking back her bangs and whispered, “That’s what I was afraid of, Hades. When I told you I loved you, I was afraid that you still loved Persephone. You simply proved my fears right, now just go light that torch and tell someone to take me back to the Underworld. My feet hurt.”

“Hades!” Poseidon hissed more urgently.

Hades sighed, glaring at his brother and said, “I’ll tell Hermes. Wait here.” She nodded, releasing a breath that she didn’t know she was holding and gritted her teeth, trying to hold back her tears.