Taxi Cab (1)

“Shit…” you mumbled to yourself as you felt one of your shopping bags leave your grip and smack the pavement sharply. No one around you halted from their hustle and bustle — You were just another passerby who needed to move the hell out of their way. You snatched up your bag, shaking your head in disbelief as you made your way down the streets of London. This crisp, bone-chilling air was never your favorite feature of the city in Autumn, but you couldn’t help but love it here. So you threw on your scarf, coat, and hat, and made the best of things. It would be easier if you didn’t have to take a taxi cab, though. You had just started out here, so you had enough money to pay your rent, but not quite enough to afford your own car. But, it’ll have to do.

You had decided to get your Christmas shopping out of the way, so you got about half of it done today, and your feet were begging for relief. You found an opening on the curb where you could try your best to catch a driver’s attention, which was never easy. “Taxi!” You dropped two of your bags to your side and waved your hand, signalling to one of the drivers.Vwoom. No stop. Again. Vwoom. No stop. Again. This time, the man stomped forcefully on his breaks, causing a shrill whistle to trail behind his vehicle, bringing it to an abrupt stop. He saw your bags and immediately popped open the trunk for you, but not leaving the comfort of his heated car to help you. “Lazy ass prick…” Recently you had been murmuring things to yourself. You just weren’t quite accustom to living on your own, you guessed, so you needed someone to vent to on occasion.

You slammed the large metal hatch down and heard it click as you sighed exaggeratedly, standing behind the yellow car for a second or two with your hand placed precariously on the cold metal. You weren’t thinking, just building up the energy to open the door and plop down inside the car. You dragged yourself around the car and slid into the seat, buckling your seat belt and breathing out, “West End Flats,” not looking up to meet eyes with the driver in her mirror. Out of the corner of your eye you saw him nod and then turn to look for a space in the fast-moving cars surrounding you. It was incredibly warm in the taxi, but not uncomfortably warm. It was like a sensation, and your legs began to regain strength, tingling a bit. “Hi.” You snapped your head to the right to be met with a male figure. Has he been in here this whole time… You thought, unable to speak as you were pierced with his aqua eyes. He was genuinely pretty. Not girl pretty, but man pretty. His eyes were formed into crescents as he bared his pearly teeth, grinning a sickeningly sweet grin, his cheekbones prominent and lined with light stubble that accented his bronze skin. My oh my, was he something. “You alright, babe?” You were just staring blankly at the man, and just as you were going to speak, the taxi jolted forward, sending your body back into the plush leather.

The tires of the car soon glided smoothly across the paved roads of London, bringing you upright and into your previous position. You turned to face him once again as you felt the same tingling sensation in your legs again — Not from the heat, but from the way he just looked at you. He made complete eye-contact with you as if he could list your every secret and be positive he was correct. “I’m (Y/N).” You blurted as you felt your eyelids  spring open wider than humanly possible. Why. Why on God’s green Earth did I start out with that… He just smiled again, looking down into his denim clad thighs and then back up at you. “Beautiful. I’m Louis.” He extended his hand for you to shake. You timidly slid your much smaller hand into his, fitting it smoothly in like the oh-so important puzzle piece. He didn’t shake your hand, just squeezed it firmly and then dropped.

He just stared at you. Googled over you. Licked his lips as his eyes trailed over and memorized every feature in your face. It was flattering and comforting knowing that you weren’t the only one awkwardly staring at the person you just met in the back of a taxi cab. he chuckled and looked out your window behind you, trying to avoid eye-contact now. “Sorry, you’re just… I know this is a bit forward, but would you like to come back to my flat with me?” Oh God, yes, sweet, sweet lord I would love to. You tucked your lower lip under your top row of teeth to keep from smiling like an idiot and you settled for a childish grin and nodded, scrunching up your nose and bringing your shoulders to your ears for a second or two. He roped his lip under his teeth as well, his lips now matching yours. “You’re so cute…” You felt your entire body flush warmer than ever before and turn a bright shade of crimson.