Chapter 44 - Pic of Alexandra

• Dedicated to Dorotea Brozović

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 44

Ryan's POV

            James and I ran into the room when we heard a scream. We didn't know what happened. James seemed scared and shocked. In this past month I realized he really loves Dina. But I was really confused about something. After the accident, when Dina and Daniel were admitted to the hospital, I've been told they are girlfriend and boyfriend. Was James in love with his brother's girlfriend? And then the thing about keeping the baby a secret. I asked him about all of that when we were alone, and he explained everything to me. Ok, now everything makes sense. I felt a little sorry for James, though. He loves Dina so much, and she's going to have his brother's baby. I'm not sure I could deal with that situation. Anyway, we ran into the room. Both Zoya and Alexandra were smiling.

            Zoya said happily: "Dina moved her hand!".

            James looked at Dina the same second, mouth wide open. He went closer to her, taking her hand in his. Standing right behind Alexandra. I asked Zoya and Alexandra what happened. Alex explained to us. James went over to Dina's head, whispering something to her. I said to the three of them they should go out of the room, so that I can check up on Dina.

            They went out, leaving me alone with her. I tried to make her squeeze my hand too, or to make any other movement. Nothing. The monitor didn't show any changes either. Could it be the girls just imagined it? They both want her to wake up. It could be just their imagination. I'll have to go out and tell them that everything is the same. I felt sorry for James the most. The poor guy was spending here as much time as he could. He was coming here right from his work, and he was going to work from here. Going home only to take a shower. I could easily rent the hospital bed to him. He was always here.

            Daniel visited Dina yesterday for the first time since the accident. He was only a few rooms away the whole time, but I didn't allow him to see her sooner. She was in a bad condition, and he was weak too. And I didn't know how he'd react when he sees her, since he was driving when everything happened. He could get in some kind of a shock or something, and I didn't want to risk that. I allowed him to visit her yesterday, because she was better, and he was leaving the hospital. He was like new already, I allowed him to drive and walk, but I didn't allow him to go to work for another month. I went out to the hallway from Dina's room. James, Zoya and Alex looked at me hopefully.

            I just nodded my head negatively and said: "Sorry, guys, nothing new. She's still in a coma.".

            "Oh. Just leave me alone with her for a while, and she'll be awake in a bit!", Alex said seriously, moving towards Dina's room. I stopped her. Zoya and James smiled slightly.

            I replied, holding her by her upper arms: "She will wake up. She just needs more time. Her body is recovering from a bad condition, and that takes time.". I smiled reassuringly. I looked over at James, removing my hands from Alex. I could see he was tired.

            I asked him: "Weren't you working night shift?".

            When he nodded his head confirming, I asked: "Have you slept at all?".

            When he nodded his head negatively, I stated: "James. Go home. I'll call you if anything changes. You don't want to end up in a hospital bed yourself, don't you? You need to rest.". He tried to protest, but Zoya and Alex stood by my side, making him agree to go home and rest.

            When he was about to leave, Zoya said to Alex: "Alex, if you don't mind, I'll go with James. I have some things to do. Would you like to stay here or go with us?".