Sweetie I'm a FIGHTER and you ARE?...Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Akon’s POV:

 “Ha, you’re losing your style man!” I said breathing hard, ducking from one of Cj’s punches.

 “Don’t-“ Kick, “Talk-“ Duck, “to much.” Kick. I blocked every kick. I did a back flip making CJ run towards me, I took that as an advantage to duck, with my hands on the floor and doing a spin kicking his legs from underneath him, causing him to fall.

 “Really and why’s that?” I said cockily, standing up straight with my hands on my hips, Cj looked up at me, chuckling and shaking his head.

 By now, we were both breathing hard, and beads of sweat running down my forehead and shirtless body, from hours of training and exercising. 

 “How in hell did you get so good?” He asked, while I helped him up. I laughed hitting him playfully on the back.

 “A lot of training, and having the mother I have – I gotta be good at something.” I said winking, he laughed clearing the sweat from his face with the hem of his baggy shirt.

 “Well I gota get to practice,” He said walking towards his bag, which he took hold of and hung it on his shoulder, “See you later man.”

 “Your house?”

 “Na, sus is having a few friends over,” He said standing by the doorway, “I’m not in the mood for snobby teenage girls.”

 I laughed at that statement, and nodded, reassuring him that I understood. He nodded and disappeared from the doorway.

 I sighed, a smile on my lips. I looked around my mother’s training hall, and noticed the rubber dummies. I shrugged and walked up to one. I started punching it, using different techniques for different punches and kicks. After about half an hour of punching and kicking the dummy I could feel my muscles on my arms protesting slightly, I kept on kicking the dummy until my leg muscles were the ones protesting.

 I took in a deep breath and rubbed my hands against my shorts, wiping the sweat from them.

 “Well, I see you’ve been practicing.” I heard a familiar masculine voce from behind me. In one swift movement I turned and faced the person, I felt a smile appear on my lips.

 “What you doing here grandpa?” I asked the elderly man, who looked as healthy as a twenty year old. He smiled, his hands in his Khaki pants and his short sleeve shirt neatly tucked into his pants.

 “Ha, can’t I come and pay my great grandson a visit?” he said innocently kicking one of the rubber dummies; I arched an eyebrow at him in question while smirking.

 “Well you can but you see me every day, I’d think you and grandma would like the small time along.”

 He laughed shaking his head, “Your grandma and I are so use to having people around us, that loud time is quiet time.” He said staring at that wall, an amused smile playing on his lips.

 I stared at my great grandfather, he didn’t look a day pass seventy, his thick dark hair was turning slightly white, the wrinkles on the side of his eye, lips and forehead were ones filled with different stories and adventures. I knew that my great grandfather went through a lot in his years, though however, I was always curious as to how he always had the energy for activities that people his age could hardly do. My great grandmother on the other hand looked her age, eighty three, she could still walk and do most of the activities she use to do while I grew up but it was starting to be hard for her. My great grandparents were exactly the same age, but my grandfather looked younger, this always got my curiosity high, however I had to much respect for them to actually ask questions.