18. Lost and Found Memories

W ★♥★ 18. A.R. ★♥★

Recap:

"Rogues!" he growled as windows shattered and more people poured in.

Within moments we were surrounded by big shirtless buff men.

Any other time in my life it would have been any woman's wet dream to be surrounded by big, ripped, half naked men. But when the amount of guns pointed at us, and the fact they look mote like they were going to rip us apart limp by limp, the wet dream part was as dry as the Sahara.

One man stepped forward from the men, hands behind him and a dark smirk framing his lips.

"Good to see you again brother." the man chuckled.

"Cole." Max growled eyes narrowed.

✔‧‧‧‧‧✔‧‧‧‧‧✔‧‧‧‧‧✔‧‧‧‧✔‧‧‧‧‧✔‧‧‧‧‧✔

"What do you want?" Max said keeping me close with a possessive hand around my hips.

"Can't a man visit his brother? Come on Max, I haven't seen you in years, at least offer me a drink before-"

"What the fùçk do you want Cole?!" Max growled sounding every bitt anything but human. It sent instant chills down my back since I'd never heard him like this before.

And yet my fingers clung to his shirt, the presence of the huge men who surrounded us never diminishing. Each man had a slash down the side of his face and a symbol which looked brutally inflicted on the lower half of their neck and right chin.

And just the mere aurora they gave off said they were anything but human. And guns or not, they could still efficiently kill.

Max's hand on my hips tightened as another shiver races down my spine. My body was practically molded against his side, his grip possessive and sheltering.

"Well, since we are going to be broad here, on to business. I came to receive a debt you owe me." he sighed crossing his hands.

"What?" Max questioned sounding sincerely confused as his body loosened a little.

"Well, my sources informed me just lately that you indeed have finally found-" he gestured a hand towards me and I stiffened. "-your mate."

Max's eyes narrowed and a fierce low growl left him. Yet Cole didn't so much as flinch. In fact his smile broadened.

"Of course I was skeptical, but the fact she is still living especially after Mason had her in the same room alone with my strict orders to eliminate...well it explains it all. Definitely clears it all up."

"Why?! Why are you doing this?" Max growled venomously. Cole's gaze slid up to his brothers, transforming into a cold chilling flash of teeth that sent shivers down my back.

"It's quite simple actually. You took what was mine, so if course I'm going to want what is yours. How much clearer do you want me to be?"

Max winced slightly.

"Cole you cant continue blaming me for that. We both had no control over what happened that day. The elders even-"

"Enough! You took what was mine! That is what it all sums down to. And I'll make you pay, I will make you all pay Knight." he looked savage.

"Then what do you want? What do you want from me Cole?" Max didn't look all too friendly either. He looked equally angry though his anger was contained and freezing cold. But his words definitely pleased Cole by the look of triumph that spread over his features as his eyes moved down to me. Greedy want resonating within.